is any one looking for an old cat dozer to restore? this has the cable pully system to lift blade also looks like it has a winch in rear. I was at a place today that has it in there yard and they want it gone where going to cut it up for scrap would be a nice machine to restore. any interest i will try to let them know i think they are looking to get what it would bring in for scrap value looks like that but not running YouTube - Old Cat D7 Cable Dozer
I've been looking for one, Where is it located at and did they just want scrap for it? Also if you know what model it was?
:notworthylooks like a D7E 36A series with direct drive and a No. 29 cable unit on it. If I could get my hands on it I would make it into a scraper tractor.
it's in stoneham MA i just saw it today and the kid talked of scraping it i said there are people would want it . it's not the one in the video i just put that up to show what i was talking about but looks pretty similar i did not get a model number as far as value all i know is he wanted what he could get scrap for it so how ever much it weighs and what ever steel is going for . if your really interested i can get a contact number tommorrow for you
As much as I hate to see it go under the torch, there's no way I could get out that far. Seems like I'm one of the only younger guys out here who actaully is interested in that old iron that built America up. Too Bad.
I figured it be too far for you that was my thought hate to see it it the torch too.
Listen to the turbo! I would love to have that dozer!
That old iron is so sweet! Couple questions... Does that engine sound ok? Sounds like shes got a helluva knock to me. How does that cable blade work, what works the cable?
that video is not the actuall machine only posted it to show what i was talking about probably has not been started since parked many many many years ago,
there's a 2 drum winch on the rear of the machine, only one cable is used for the dozer, the dozer can be dropped or chained raised, and put a cable operated scraper on the back to use the two drums, there are hand levers off to your right that run the clutches, raise, release, and hold. the cable runs through a tube and some pulleys to the front of the machine where it goes through the 2 blocks, one on the nose of the tractor and one on the dozer c frame. some also had the winch on the front of the motor but this one probably has a 25 or 29 CCU, cable control unit, which is rear mounted
Please get some more details. If it is a D7E series I would be interested in it for a scraper tractor.
36A was a D8....D7E would be 47 or 48A
i would love to get my hands on that dozer. i wonder howmuch in scrap it is
i will see if i can get model number and what the kid wants for it they are not there everyday it's in a contractors yard that is up for sale so i think they want to move it out
grandpa you are right all the way. Powershift was a 48A direct drive should be 46A?
Take your camera along and get some good pics (especially undercarriage condition)...for scrap price I'd think someone would like to get it for a parts machine.
just got word that they got it running so a plus i ask my friend to get a contact number and model if he can from the guy because i don't see him at all but my friend does.
lol.greg....46A is a D8h....keep trying.lol
It could be a 3T or 17A.
:Banghead:BangheadGrandpa, I give up. Just can't keep numbers straight any more. At any rate, if it is a D7E I have an interest in it. A 48A is a D7E Power shift. I got that much straight tonight at least.
You've made your grandpa proud... ya got it nailed Greg!!!:notworthy
grandpa, your grandson is proud you are proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!
http://images.craigslist.org/3ne3p13lb5Y15V05W5acl6aa6a709ae5413f0.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3n03o43p55W65U55P1acla8db154650531b71.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3n03k43p25Y45Q65X5acl6a86ceca06fe1471.jpg 1947 Caterpillar D-6 Doze runs and drives winch works for blade $2500 call 781-983-0484 Thanks Justin! •Location: stoneham This is the dozer i talked with him yesterday told me he put it on craigs list but there are the pics and his number he said some one was comming monday the day of the blizzard to look at it but who know . it is a D6 he told me it does run but leaks so definatly will need engine work .
got a real nice 14a d8 were gonna let go of if anyone is lookin for a good cable dozer