Lift has good charged batteries There are no diagnostic codes or nor are the two led bars viewable in the diagnostics window There is a red error light on the console and the green led light for forward reverse operation is lit But that is it, no movement no other leds, nothing operates or changes the leds. Except both safety shut offs and the key will turn the two leds off The main fuse is good, the 7a circuit breaker is not tripped. There is 25v at the B+ of the motor controller It was working a couple of weeks ago. HELP There
Welcome to HEF choproxy. :drinkup I don't know what your problem is as I've never seen this before, but I have to ask if the result is the same if you select operation from both ground and platform controls? To not see the two LED bars in the ECU code window (LED bars indicate all is well), and likewise to not see any fault codes in the ECU code window, curious indeed.
Yes you are right the ECU isn't getting the 24v. But there is 24v past the 7a circuit breaker and at the motor controller And it doesn't work on ground control either.
Well, it's time to do some electrical testing. Power leaves 7 amp breaker and goes to the E stop at lower controls, through E stop to ground/platform select switch. Red wire leaves select switch (in either grd or platform position) and sends power to platform control E stop. With platform E stop pulled out (on) it sends power out, down the cable to the lower and sends power to both CR48 power relay and pin A4 at ECU connector. This is one of the circuits I would check. Also check all the ground (earth) connections and check closely the power cable that runs along the scissor frame from upper to lower, look for places the cable has been snagged, and the stretchy cord that goes from platform to platform control box can be problematic, I've replaced a number of them, just gotta start testing the circuits because it sounds like either the ECU isn't getting power or the ECU is faulty.
Thanks for the reply sorry for the delay, im back on it now Where are you finding your schematic, the one I download doesn't mention CR48 power relay and it shows the ECm connection A4 coming from the emergency stop from the joystick Although the diagnostic led is unlit (no bars) I know im getting power past the key switch becuase turning the key off and on turns the emrgency fualt LEd off and on. Im sure I have the wrong schematic , the frame has 54363 stamped on the right front above the drive motor. I think it is a 2004 model
Ok, serial #54363, I was using the wrong diagram myself. Download service manual #72876 from the Genie website. The electrical diagrams are near the end of the manual, scroll through the diagrams to the one that covers s/n 54000 - 59999. That diagram has some goofy looking master key switch that doesn't even show the connections inside of it. Best I can interpret the key switch shown, B and B1 is power from battery, 3 is lower controls selected, 1 is upper controls selected, 2 and 4 has power when either (lower or upper) control is selected, but I'm certainly not sure about that, you would have to confirm. But if I'm reading it correctly, it still shows power going to the upper E stop on wire 76F, then 78F, through E stop, then back to ground on wire 77F to power up CR48 control relay as well as send power signal to A4 on ECM.
Thanks I now have the correct schematic this is much better Looking at it my conclusion is CR48 has a bad cable, ground connection or the relay is bad 24v is going to the platform emergency switch (i press is and the trouble red led goes off and on). Next stop is CR48 But im not hearing a relay click Is CR48 the relay in the contoel box with the ECM module in the battery compartment?
Not sure where CR48 is located as I don't have access to a GS scissor. But I can say this, the terminals on the diagram for that relay are noted as 85, 86, 30, and 87. That describes a typical Bosch "cube" relay.
Found the little devil it is in the ecm compartment Has a good ground but no 24v on the other side. Jump it to battery plus, relay clicks. ECM led bars light up with no errors Now I can select forward/reverse or up/down on the platform controls. But I still have an error light and no movment I think the switch has gone bad. It sends 24v to the relay but also 24v to A11 of the ecm So now ECM is getting power but not the key switch input, hence the error led and no movment It is dark and the lift is outside. Will take the keyswitch box apart in the morning and investigate. I think you have got me going in the right direction. Will post results in the morning Thanks again for the help. The right schematic did the trick
I hope you get it sorted out.
choproxy, Sorry I didn't respond sooner-maybe you have things sorted by now. Our little 3000# GS at work does that once in awhile-IIRC its the level sensor(s). In our case we we're in some slight depressions,dips in the floor that prevented the *sensor bars from sitting level.(I know there's a better name for these.They mount @ the bottom frame between the wheels,for'n aft,and are suspended by a spring/pin pair at each end.Ans somewhere is a switch or two.) Make sure your Genie is level and/or clear of debris.Otherwise the one of these safety switches would be worth looking at. HTH J
I did sort it out and I appreciate all the help The problem was a bad connection from the 24v coming from the emergency shut off at the platform console down to relay cr48. That relay provides 24v dc to the ecm. The relay is inside the ECm compartment I temporarily hot wired directly from battery plus to the relay. ECM is on and everything works The coiled cable that connects from the platform console to the wire loom that feed down the scissor mechanism looks awful, cracked and perished. I will replace that first. If that doesn't fix it then i will replace the loom on the scissor mechanism. Thanks again for all the help. The key was identifying the correct wiring diagram (thanks Wille59). I realizing my lift has relay cr48
looking for some diagnostic help on a genie scissor lift with a LL code . Level sensor seems to be ok . Bubble is in the center position . All wiring appears to be plugged in and making contact . Lift goes up a few feet then the alarm goes off and stop moving. Looking for a direction.
hello everybody i am having a problem with code ll but my lift doesn't move at all and the botton for the lift to go up is blinking in sciquence with the code ll any help out their please
If you mean code 02. Check the harness coming out of the upper control box. Broke wire is common. Just making sure. This is also a genie lift?
no it is giving me the letter LL on the code screen and yes it is a genie 1930 gs
LL is out out level
But i have it at the shop on a level serfice does that mean the level sensor is bad
Not necessarily. Can you get the lift to raise enough to see the level sensor? Make sure something didn't get jammed under it. See if wire is broke. What is the serial number to your machine?
Yeah i raised it nothing is abstruting it or the wires are not cut either and the serial number is scrached away
Sounds like tilt sensor went bad. www.genielift.com Will show you the manuals
Thanks for the info really appreciate it
i did some more digging on the lift and i found the really is bad and the wires were really corroded and the relay was bad so it wasn't making a good contact and the terminals were loose as well thanks for all your help moonlite and the till sensor was bad too from working too hard from the corrosion on the relay so it got all messed up. also too some that are loking for the location for the relay it is located above the pump next to were the hydralic tank sits
Since this appears to be the place for help with these durn things, I have a 1930 that keeps throwing a 18 code. This shows to be the pothole guard error. I checked The switches on each pothole guard are making and breaking with a multimeter The weird thing is that when using the lower controls it doesn't throw the code. Only when using the upper control box does it kick an alarm and code. My ss#is GS3007A-80197. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks for looking Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mind. One of the pothole guard switches was indexed improperly. Used it all day today at the shop, never sounded off. Thank the good lord, that alarm is annoying as hell. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello All, I have a Genie 1930 Scissor that is not lifting and showing no codes. Hydraulics working fine on the wheels (turning); so it's not the pump. Electric wheel drive is good for moving around. Flooring is flat smooth slab. When I activate lift the pump runs and there is a few inches of lift only, then it stops lifting and it sounds like the pump is loading up. I don't see fluid circulating back to the reservoir either. Any Ideas? Genie 1930 SN 26758
Does it not lift from the ground controls and platform controls ?
Both ground and platform controls have the same effect; pump activates and lifts platform a few inches, after which the pump sounds like it's loading up. To me the fluid path is blocked somewhere
It sounds to me like you have a broke wire to the lift coil.
I hope so. Broken wire sounds easy. Now to figure out where a lift coil is. Is that on the hydraulic function manifold or on the lift cylinder itself?
Update of sorts. Confirmed pump is operational by disconnecting output (to manifold) and running straight into reservoir. With hydraulics connected I also disconnected + wire from Lift Circuit Solenoid (on Manifold) and activated ground lift. Pump cycled freely with flow. When I reconnect + wire the pump loads up. When it loads up I can see the strain/distortion (indicates loading up to me) on the hydraulic pump output, manifold output (to cyl), and cylinder input lines (the one going up the cylinder... same a manifold output?). To me the problem is up by the cylinder input/output under the platform. just a guess. I am wondering if I'll have to remove the platform to get to whatever is causing the problem. Is that where the lift coil is?
H is the valve for the lift circuit. Did you check the flow for the lift cylinder? Be careful doing that. Really need to test pressures with a gauge. Hydraulic fluid will hurt you.
Thank you for the info. I'm getting close. I don't know how to check flow and don't have a pressure tester. I removed the lift circuit valve and cleaned it out. Then tested lift with no real improvement. I discovered that if I disconnect the + wire from the H coil and touch it momentarily to the H coil + terminal while the pump is running and base "lift" switch is activated, that the platform lifts a few inches. If I do that repeatedly I can raise the platform. I did this until I could set the safety brace in place to prevent lowering (8ft?). So now I understand that the lift cylinder only has one hydraulic line (I had thought a separate return line....no). I am wondering how air gets out of the system. Is it simply that I need to bleed the cylinder? I can also get to the lift cylinder valve to clean if that is a possible cause.
That's a unique issue you have told. I think it is some kind of circuit or wiring issue.
It could be a problem with the main lift relief valve. The lift circuit on pretty much any scissor lift requires the most pressure on the lift circuit when the deck is fully down, once it gets up a foot or two the pressure required to lift decreases a bit, but it takes all the guts to get it off the ground. If the relief valve is faulty, has failed o-rings, or is adjusted a bit too low you'll have a problem getting it to lift. Just something to verify
Hi guys, just purchased a 2013 GS 1930 with busted computer board in the control box. Anyone know where to get a new board? Or, better to buy new/used control box? Thank you.
There's Genie parts available online, I bought a tilt sensor with no problem. I forgot where, do a search. Get your serial number and download your manual, they have parts breakdown. Or check with a Genie dealer - that might be the fastest way.
Found a board (#137522) on ebay for $100 and will also go to the Genie website and download. Thank you!
i have a genie 1930. its coding LL. ive done every test I could find on the internet. its not getting 24v to level sensor. there is continuity on both the red wire and the white wire. I followed the power all the way to the ecu but it doesn't seem to becoming out. luckly I have another 1930 at the shop so ive swapped both the sensor and the ecu and same code. one of the test I performed showed the ecu should be bad with the readings and finding I was able to get out of it so was about to order a new one but for ***** and giggles I hooked the ecu I thought was bad to the other machine and it worked perfectly. ive been through the machine multiple times checking wires, plugs, relays. you name it ive checked it butstill cant get it to do anything but throw that code. has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any idea they could point me it so I can get this thing fixed? other then a bucket of gas and a mactch because that's bout to be my next move