Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need help with Case 650k dozer wont move

dozergod ยท 2012-10-20 22:46

I have a 2004 650k dozer. It starts and runs fine but i got a yellow tranmission light on the dash and a "no Can" fault.. also it will no longer show F,N,or R on the display (forward,neutral,reverse) and doesnt show the parking break is on either...im stuck on a job and any help greatly appreciated

Replies5
  1. #1inthedirt2012-10-20 23:19

    Check for power and ground to controllers. You may not have a manual, so I would check all of my fuses if I were you. There should be a bank of fuses behind the left hand door on the side of the cab/ROPS. If it is a cab machine there is also a bank on the side of the instrument cluster console. There are grounds under the floor, behind the access doors. We also found a bad ground once behind the front console on the backside of the firewall. From there you might just check the connectors going to the powertrain controller and the cluster. If I remember right the powertrain controller is under the horizontal cab panel under and behind your left elbow. Hope this helps and good luck!

  2. #2dozergod2012-10-20 23:31

    I checked power to the microcontroller and all fuses and relays...I dont have a service manual..only the wiring schematic..would be nice if someone had a pdf manual to share info..

  3. #3dozergod2012-10-24 00:52

    well after 3 days i finally got up and running again today. Since it was throwing a "no can" fault the dealer said it was not possible to read trouble codes but the mechanic whom ive known over the years that works there said that they had a used 650k on the lot that i could try my computer and joystick to test them. He was also kind enough to give me access to their Case library of manuals:0 After all the i went through it ended up being a field mouse causing all the trouble munching on my 19b power supply wire to the drivetrain control module I would have never found it if it wasnt for the free wiring schematics pdf's the mechanic gave me. Anyways...back to work.

  4. #4d9gdon2012-10-24 08:21

    That's one of those breakdowns that can drive you crazy trying to find. Your buddy deserves a big ol' ribeye steak.

  5. #5Jdtech992020-04-01 22:35

    Currently working on a case 650k series 2. Open cab machine. 1700 hours. Machine has been running fine with zero issues. While dressing up a job the machine was under a light load just dressing up and completely stopped pulling. All hydraulic functions work great. I did verify I have good charge pressure. On the cluster all gauges work as should except the track speed gauge and also when I move fnr lever it still shows n for neutral. The park brake symbol stays on and also trans light with. I have 1 fault code 4533f. I have checked all fuses and relays. Swapped relays and double checked for connection or corrosion issues. Not much help from the dealer locally. All they are saying is sounds like drivetrain controller took a dump. But I'm not so sure about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Just replaced joystick controller with zero luck. Also where is drivetrain controller located on this machine?