she's got a new engine, and almost all new under carriage except the pads because they were good. so i wanted it to look like how it operates!
Going to look like new, good old 235 horse will just keep running. Simple and easy to work on.
Very Nice! Its alot of working sand blasting, priming and repainting huh? When its all done, you'll have alot of pride in her. I know I do in my little dozer that I did last winter. Are you going to put the original stickers on her?
yeah i got decals made. it's not done yet but hopeully will be by the end of the week.
Very cool. Im jealous of your work space.
yeah it's a nice place to spend my winters.
Nice job, post some more pics when its done
Looks good! A ton of freaking work isn't it??
was it ever. worth it though.
Looks like a well cared for old girl there. Nice work.
SWEEEEEET job there!!! I'm hoping to get at mine sometime soon, did you sand/media blast any of it? Would you care to share your "process" with me??? I'm getting ready to do the same to my Fiat Allis 14C, but this will be new to me, I have painted many a car, and truck, but this will be my first piece of equipment of this size, and with all the intricate little spaces, so any tips, or info, you care to share would be VERY greatly appreciated!!! If not I understand, and it's still a GREAT job, my hat's off to ya for sure! Cheers, JD Dozerman
lots of pressure washing and industrial degreaser. i did wetsand the tin parts to get the old paint runs out. you have to clean, clean, clean and clean some more! the old paint actually acts as a good primer. use industrial paint with quick drying activator in it. rustoleums are crappy soft paint.
Sledehammer, that is some fancy blade hanging off the front of your Chariot, we have nothing like this in the U.K. the closest we would have is a Root Fork that fits on tractor shovels, I did notice that the bottom hitch blocks on your blade are not fitted in the standard fashion is this something specific to this blade???
you have done a superb job,,,,,, looking like new.I too have never seen a blade like that, certainly looks lke a serious bit of kiti
Found one on Machinery Trader fits D8 $6000.00 in Washington State (Young Root Rake)
I still think those bottom joints need turning the correct way?? the tilt cylinder might be worth having then???????????
Noticed the bottome joints were reversed too, but then thought it might have been done on purpose to get more angle on the root rake.
Sledgehammer, thanks for the great tips, sorry for the late reply but I've been down with a bad case of the flu, it sucks to be disabled, and have a compromised immune system, when cold and flu season comes around :throwup!!! Anyhow, I appreciate your help and I really think you've done a great job there, the tractor is looking superb!!! Thanks for posting the pics, I hope mine turns out even close to how well yours looks! I will post pics of mine throughout the process too, unless I get too embarrassed to show them :wink2. Cheers, JD Dozerman