Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with D6R service codes

powerjoke ยท 2013-08-08 22:35

I have a 030 324.05 113 70.02 168.03 623.02 672.02 691.07 692.07 693.07 697.05 722.93 Any help is appreciated Pj

Replies11
  1. #1Construct'O2013-08-08 23:21

    What year machine,does it have the 3306 or C9 engine?

  2. #2powerjoke2013-08-08 23:32

    '98 I believe it's a 3306 The bitch of it is that I just bought the machine and i paid for a third party inspection, I specifically asked the guy if it had any bubbles in the radiator and any svc codes..... Well it had 10 codes and was 5gallon low on coolant, 2gal low on engine oil, limping on one cylinder (puffing black smoke on one, hopefully it's just an injector) about ready to walk off the tracks the bottom is 100% worn etc. ...... I am glad I paid $500 for an evaluation lol when I asked him about the mis-representation his reply was " it was all good when I looked at it, it's a 10k hr machine I cant wave my magic wand" Pj

  3. #3Construct'O2013-08-09 08:42

    If it is a 98 model then it is 3306,are all them active codes.It should show code with service next to it if it is active.Codes alone could be old codes that hasn't been cleared after a fix.Sounds like you inspection guy took a nap!!!!! Can't help you on the codes,sorry.

  4. #4Nige2013-08-09 09:56

    First thing. When you key on and after the panel has booted up does the "SERV CODE" indicator on the RH side stay on or go out..? If it goes out these are logged codes and all it needs is them clearing so that you can see what's been generated from here on in. Here's what the codes mean Modules 030 - Cat Monitor System 113 - Transmission Control Components 070 - Park Brake Switch 168 - System Voltage 324 - Action Lamp 623 - Directional Switch 672 - Converter Output Speed Sensor 691 - Transmission Solenoid #1 692 - Transmission Solenoid #2 693 - Transmission Solenoid #3 697 - Priority Valve Solenoid 722 - Secondary Brake Solenoid Failure Modes 02 - Erratic, Intermiitent, or incorrect 03 - Voltage Above Normal 05 - Current Below Normal 07 - Not Responding Properly 13 - Requires Calibration (There is no 93 - so it will be either 13 or 03. your code is likely 722-03 seeing as it's the Secondary Brake Solenoid)

  5. #5powerjoke2013-08-09 10:08

    Tanks Nige, this is the post I was hoping for The svc codes stays lit while operating, How do you clear the codes ? I only have one button on the dash Pj

  6. #6Nige2013-08-09 10:33

    If the SERV CODE light stays on, one or more of the codes is active. IIRC you can use a 4C-8195 Service Tool (aka Click Box) on this machine to scroll between codes and erase those that are not active. I've posted here before how to make one. Try here....... HeavyEquipmentForums

  7. #7powerjoke2013-10-15 16:42

    Bought the click box, all was able to be cleared except for 697.05...... Any thoughts ? Pj

  8. #8Nige2013-10-15 17:31

    I have a Diagnostic Procedure for you. PM Me your e-mail address again. I accidently deleted the first PM that you sent. This Diagnostic Code and the physical symptoms it will generate on the tractor are directly related to your problem related to the brake pedal/transmission shifter issue that you PM'd me about.

  9. #9rfedistribution2013-10-15 20:38

    Sell the machine and buy a different brand. You will pay more in service and time chasing service than the machine is worth. Cat is a caddilac on the job site!

  10. #10powerjoke2013-10-15 20:48

    If I just have up on everything cat I would be out of business ! but thanks for the worthwhile post anyways Pj

  11. #11Nige2013-10-16 07:28

    You have mail with a diagnostic procedure for CID697 FMI05