My JD 240D has been sitting for a few weeks, batteries dead, so I boost it off. No problem, starts and runs fine, no warnings. But none of the hydraulics work. It's just like the pilot valve lever is not deployed forward. When I do move the lever into the operate position, I can here relays click as normal but no hydraulic anything. The oil level in the tank is just slightly low, but not by much. This has got to be something simple. Where to start looking? Electrical? Computer? Hydraulics. Thanks
have you checked the simple stuff first? fuses ?
Sure did and all the usual stuff. Everything is normal. My thinking is it is something electrical or computer related due to the fact the batteries went down completely and stayed that way for more than a week. The machine worked fine before that time. I'm just looking for suggestions on where to start looking for a problem. This is a very low hour machine.
The dealer should be your best resource for this problem. He may be able to fix it over the phone.That machine should have a screen on the dash panel and a way to access the service menu to check for codes.If memory serves me right there will be a service icon lit up .Check the operators manual. If it is a low hour machine then you may have a parasitic draw on the batteries.If you disconnect the ground strap with the key off (away from the batteries)do you get a spark?If so ,how big ?
You can access the service menu by holding the top right button on the display I think it is. You press and hold it before you turn the key on. Once the machine is started you can press the up button once or scroll down the list and there a menu with all of the monitoring functions listed. You can also acces and codes from there that may be coming up. Although if there's any codes active it should come up with a service icon in the bottom left corner of the display. Best bet is to start tracing power and see where it starts and stops. I'm still learning and haven't had to wrench much on ours yet thankfully so I don't know all the relays and solenoids to check. I can't see it being a computer problem but I guess anythings possible. You can check your pilot pressure from the service menu as well I believe.
Hey thanks pf/l. Access to the service menu is exactly what I needed. I'm going to take a look today.
I'm 99% sure its the top right. If not it'll be the bottom one on the right. If it doesn't work for you I can double check ours when I get a chance as I'm just going from memory. Ours is a 270 hitachi but should be the same for the Deere I'm assuming.
I never could get into the service menu, tried all the buttons, different combinations but it would never come up. But, the good news I found the problem. It's usually something simple, right?. Mice in the machine...they took out a 2 inch section of the wiring going to the pilot valve. Go figure. Anyway thanks to all who helped!. Happy digging!
You have to hold the button while you turn the key on. It's entirely possible deere has a different programing in it to access it too. Would be a little surpised but the more I think about it maybe not.lol.. Glad it was something simple those little critters are sure a pain in the you know what.
pf/l our 270D you hold the same button like you said I believe top right while machine starts and scroll down to service menu