Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help with Identifying These

Copenhagen ยท 2009-10-17 17:08

These belong to the guy that maintains the roads around my moms house. I was just wondering a little more about them. Years, make, model, ya know, the regular stuff. The only thing I know is that the first one is a Galion. They look like they would be a handful to operate.

Replies7
  1. #1bobin352009-10-17 17:16

    second pic looks like a wabco by the grill

  2. #2Cat is ALL2009-10-17 19:50

    They look like Champion graders too me.

  3. #3bobin352009-10-17 20:02

    wabco 440h

  4. #4tripper_1742009-10-26 14:49

    The Wabco is a "new" version of the old Adams grader. I operated a 1954 version of it back in the seventies. It had an International diesel engine, lots of power for the day. It kicked way harder than the Model 12's that Cat offered. You could adjust the tension on the lift brakes by tightening a band just below the front window of the cab, one for each blade lift. It was a decent machine for the day, was great for going home as it had a heck of a high gear. Most later Wabco's I saw had Jimmy diesels in them but maybe there were others. The Galion in the first picture is a twin of the one that the town in which I live used until about two years ago.

  5. #5lpnt652011-08-07 07:12

    maybe i am a bit late but they

  6. #6562C2011-08-09 07:49

    Not Champions....

  7. #7lpnt652011-08-09 17:25

    A gallion and Adams/Wabco Had Cummins Engine good Graders Could out performj any Cat