I have a 20012 JCB 212S. A few weeks ago The warning buzzer started going off when it started and the parking brake was on. Also the Alternator does not charge at this point(alternator light comes on). When I turn the parking brake off, the buzzer goes off and the alternator starts to charge again. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I checked the fuses and solenoids and cant seem to find any issues. Thoughts? Thanks
My 212s has a proximity sensor for the parking brake. Perhaps it's gone bad and causing a large current draw? Although you would think that would cause the fuse to blow. It's easy to disconnect. You'll see it with the hand brake in the OFF position pointing at you. Just follow the wires and undo the connector to test if it's the cause. NOTE THIS DISABLES THE NEUTRAL SAFETY, so if you put the parking brake ON the shuttle (fw/rev) transmission is still in gear!!!! So always move the shuttle to neutral. Mine went bad and always stayed "ON" so that I had no drive.
Appreciate the response Greg! I don't think I have a hand brake. My parking brake is a switch on the panel. Mine is a 2001. Where is your hand brake located?
Mine is a 2004 and there is a physical leveler you pull to put the parking brake on. It's located next to the loader leveler. The brake itself is located on the output of the trans to the rear axle. Didn't think the older 212s were that different but I guess they are.
Thanks Greg, Mine def does not have a manual parking brake
I have a similar parking brake control, I flip a switch to engage the brake. After looking at my schematic, the buzzer "and" alternator are on the same wiring path. Also there are a couple of relays where your fuses are that also control this. My ques would be a wiring problem, check your relays again and or look for a broken wire somewhere. There are also several "diodes" in your dash where your speedo is, could also be a problem there. But my ques is a broken wire, since when you release your brake, the path is now re-connected, so now your alt begins to charge. Think back when this started and what, if anything was done to disturb fuses/ relays etc.
Wow good info thanks! Coincidentally I replaced the alternator at the same time but it charges fine when I switch the parking brake to off. When I put the parking brake back on the buzzer sounds again but the alternator light does not come back on. Ill double check the alternator connections. Thanks Hooked!