Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Advise on engine install on 580ck

Funny farm · 2018-12-26 19:48

i have a long thread on my engine rebuild and repair of my old ck. Planning to begin the engine install and am wondering what is the best way to go about installing the engine? -1- should I mount the engine to the torque tube and then roll the front end up to the engine? Or -2- should I install the engine opposite how it was removed..,Bolt the engine to the front end and roll that assembly into the rear half to mate the engine and torque tube? Kinda thinking the -2- opinion may be the way to go but thought I’d ask and see what others who may have installed an engine in one of these old backhoes thinks. Option one would be easier to align the engine and the torque tube but would require lots of supports to keep the weight from damaging the torque tube as the front end was put into place and aligned. Option 2 would be opposite of how it was split but I fear it may more difficult to align everything back up. Any input and advise would be greatly appreciated so I can plan the easiest re assembly possible. Remember that this is being done outside in the cold ,on a frozen driveway, And not on a cement floor in a shop. Several 20ton hydraulic jacks and blocking on hand and ready lol. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.