Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with link belt

dstill85 · 2018-04-21 04:51

I have an older link-belt excavator that was given to me by my father-n-law when he died. The machine has sat for the last 2 years, I got it home and ran it for a few hours and lost my swing (both directions) and left track. Both things came and went a few times before I finally was able to get it in a good location to park it. If I hold pressure on either swing function and slight pressure on the dipper, the track works fine, zero noise and zero power loss, let go of the joystick and the left track stops immediately. All other functions seem to working properly with no power loss. I can not hear the sound of the pump change at all if you attempt to swing or function the left track individually. I'm not certain of the model number of the machine yet for it was a farm machine and has been beat most of its life. Size is equivalent to or a little smaller than a 2700. Sorry I know that's not a lot of help, going to attempt to find a serial number on it tomorrow since most of the guards and decals are missing or worn off.

Replies16
  1. #1tool_king2018-04-21 16:36

    Can you post some pictures of it or email the pictures to [email protected] so we can figure what you have . thanks Ed

  2. #2dstill852018-04-21 17:19

    I sent you some via email, I’ll try and upload some here to

  3. #3dstill852018-04-21 17:21
  4. #4dstill852018-04-21 17:31

    It’s not pretty and has seen some serious farm abuse since coming out of the rental fleet, but it still runs and digs great.... with exception to the current problem

  5. #5dstill852018-04-21 17:32
  6. #6Shimmy12018-04-21 18:28

    I'm going to guess it's a 2650. I was expecting to see an old square-back, but this machine is very similar to a Case 9010 I believe.

  7. #7Bluox2018-04-21 19:33

    Look on the house frame between the boom cylinders for a serial number. Bob

  8. #8dstill852018-04-21 21:02

    I will check first thing in the morning when I get home from work, thanks I had no idea where to even look!

  9. #9John C.2018-04-22 00:59

    The serial number will be stamped on the edge of the floor plate in front of the boom cylinder base bosses. That will be the Sumitomo serial number but it will tell us something about the machine.

  10. #10dstill852018-04-22 08:05

    Here is what’s left of it, I sure hope this is enough to get us headed in the right direction I believe it says : xnb0342 330-3

  11. #11John C.2018-04-22 11:38

    I think that is the plate number for the floor of the house itself. If you back up a bit and look at the end of the floor plate of the house you will see the machine serial number. You will probably have to scrape the paint like you did on the tag number.

  12. #12dstill852018-04-22 17:35

    KNA0366 320-31 Is this it?

  13. #13John C.2018-04-22 18:35

    It won't be on a tag. It will be stamped into the front edge of the frame plate itself.

  14. #14dstill852018-04-22 18:51

    Ok, thanks! I’ll look again in the morning when I get home from work.

  15. #15dstill852018-04-23 08:29

    Ok, third times a charm I hope lol is this the one we need? 265U2-5432

  16. #16John C.2018-04-23 09:58

    That is the Sumitomo serial number. You should be able to contact a Link-Belt dealer now and get some information on the machine. A parts book can be identified by using that number. I think the machine is a 2650C model also.