Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with my Terex TA35 off road truck

Cats4me ยท 2012-12-17 21:04

I've got a '99 Terex TA35 off road dumptruck. The truck goes into 1st, 3rd & 5th with no problems at all (reverse is fine also). When I try second gear and fourth gear the truck does nothing. I originally thought it was a solenoid gone bad but after replacing it there was no change. I live on the east coast so Terex mechanics are no easy to find. Any advice would be helpful

Replies5
  1. #1Huntoon2012-12-18 00:29

    this may sound silly but check if there's a broken plastic disk under the shifter. I had the same problem on my pickup truck and I thought I needed a new transmission but it was a ten dollar part

  2. #2dirtfan2012-12-30 14:45

    Check with a Terex service man. We had a TA 30 that we thought, that the tranny was completely gone,(wouldn't shift correctly, similar to yours). After checking the pressure, which was OK, we discovered, from a service tech, that there was a computer program that allowed the transmission computer to calibrate the clutch discs automatically. After running the program it performed like it was supposed to. Its' been a few years, but I think that happened to a 1995 model TA 30, just a thought................ Dirtfan

  3. #3GODSDOZER2019-01-25 16:03

    AEB starter is what you need to calibrate the transmission. cost about 200 bucks

  4. #4Bigbert2019-01-27 15:42

    Hello Cats4me, frankly speaking I'm afraid K4 clutch is gone in your transmission. But please check before pulling out tranny. Are there any fault codes on t/m display in cab? Like "BA" or "B4"? Exchange filter of t/m, how does oil look like or smell? Clutch calibration device (AEB starter how ZF calls the box) is recommended. A Deere, CNH, JCB, Doosan or Hyundai etc. dealer should be able to assist. check pressure of K4 clutch in 2nd, 4th, 6th gear. Should be above 15 bar @ 1500 rpm. Good luck.

  5. #5tool_king2019-02-02 14:32

    Shoot me a email at [email protected] tilted Terex TA 35 and will send you what I have on it .