Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help with Terex 8230B UC conversion to D8H

T-rex ยท 2012-12-03 11:10

Hello, new to the forum and wondering if anyone has experiene putting Cat D8H rollers under Terex 8230B track frames? What needs to be done to make them fit; fabrication etc. Additionally is anyone aware of a solution for sprocket replacement? D8H are too tall. The only replacements I can find are custom machined @ $2200 each. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1hardtail2012-12-03 12:52

    Cats U/c replacement says to use Terex sprockets..........for the roller mounting one option is to use Terex the other is to cut Terex track frame and weld 1M9132 bearing blocks to frame and then use 9P3309 DF and 9P3308 SF roleers.........

  2. #2T-rex2012-12-03 14:12

    hardtail Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly; I can use the Terex roller mounts with a cat roller. My last experience with the weld in blocks was that they were hella work. I guess I will have to bite the bullet on the custom sprockets.

  3. #3hardtail2012-12-03 16:52

    I think they're saying reuse your Terex rollers.......the mounting blocks look like a Cat part #...........looks like that hella work is back.........

  4. #4CJGaul2015-12-29 11:43

    New Sprockets Starting January 20th, 2016 we will have new sprockets for the 82-30 and 82-30B with 9" pitch. You can then use D-8H/K track groups and keep running. As far as rollers, we are working on supplying those also, but for now we offer track frames that have been converted for D-8 rollers as exchange. Let me know what you need and we can get something going for you. CJ