Any leads would help! just bought an allis chalmers 645 front wheel loader. water pump went bad and was told from minnpar, the engine is not even a fiat or allis:Banghead. no metal plate with info... just A2/17133 casted onto the engine block . casting numbers on water pump are RU191076 and A1/23872 which can't seem to help also. has aec valve covers and other parts on the engine have serials like a2/##### and a1/#####. the machine was assembled in britian so it must have spent some years there then returned to the U.S.:usa
Chiparue, it has Leyland stamped on the fuel pump, I reckon that might be a good start. Rn'R.
okie, should have some answer by tomorrow.
surprised it wasn't solved here yet!
It was...see RnR's post above, its a Leyland. He just needs to research a little now.
Hmmm I think she is an AEC and is probably built by Leyland or British Leyland, AEC aec.middx What year is the shovel?
anyone know any leyland dealers in U.S.? im only finding dealers in india and britian. stock i'm trying thhat website now
I thought it would be in more detail but it is a good start.:drinkup
You are best off to ask here http://aec.middx.net/frames/frameforum.htm Definitely appears to be a AEC motor http://aec.middx.net/units/engines1.htm
Any more pictures of the illusive beast??
i'll send some in a couple of days. all the rain thats going on its in a foot of water now.
board admin hasn't given me access so i can post onthe aec forum yet. i'll let you guys know once i get thru
You're now a Junior Member...you should be able to post a pic now. Edit: Ahhh, I see, the AEC forum! Nice link Hendrik!
Actually our Irish friend was the first to point to AEC, he's probably got a back yard full of em A very rare brand outside of the UK, lots of Leyland Diesels. One day I'll tell the story of the 24v positive earth Leyland bogie drive truck without a muffler and no power steering.
You could try someone that brings Brit double decker busses into the US as it might be used in a bus.
What are these ?"scotch mist" No only ever did anything on one of them back in the day when I had all my hair and teeth
Ok finally, 9 days later, i got access into the aec society forum so i'm gonna post my info there tonite been doing some research some ppl say that the engine is an leyland model 401 but still have seen the waterpump yet i'll post pics of the wheel loader in 2 days. Also, i'll let you guys know what i find in the aec forum. thx
pics of waterpump for that engine pics of the water pump
If I remember correctly that pump can be rebuilt....
appears that it has been repair before probably due to lack of a new one..... as for rebuilding, a bearing supply house may have the parts. bearing and seals.. take it apart, get the numbers from the bearing and seals.... if no numbers the just take the whole thing in.... they can match the parts ... maybe
Do these bearings need replacing ? It looks to me that the water pump housing is badly cracked, there are a couple ways to fix it if you cant find another one easily. Shane
If it is a leyland motor.Leyland was taken over by DAF. I got a door handle for my leyland truck and it came in a DAF box. ian.
Chipareu, : What did that cost you?
the water bearing were bad at first then i changed them. Now the housing is cracked. the machine cost me $3500 plus i did like $900 in additional work.
I'm hoping I can also get a decent tractor for no more than $5k. I'm still looking, but the ones that cheap sell right away. I really don't want to spend a lot of money because I'm only going to use it for around my house.
Might be easier to find and install an AC engine that was originally installed in 645 models here in the US. There should be some take outs available, especially in Florida or Kentucky, two strong markets for this particular model loader. Good Luck!
Minn-Par in Minnesota (612-379-0606) can get almost any Fiat-Allis parts you need. They might even be able to get you the water pump for your machine. www.minnpar.com
minnpar nah i tried them first but thanks though
For more info,Google the Classic Machinery Network site & the Peatland Exports site.
RE: allis chalmers 645 front wheel loader's Engine Help This Engine you have is an AEC AV 590, it is a 9.6 Ltr. AEC made Engines, ranging from horizontal and vertical types. That's why, the engine number AV 590, means it's a vertical arrangement, with 590 Cubic Ins. The company is no longer in business, it expired in 1979. What I would suggest, if you contact AEC Society's web site. They have a classified section, you may be able to find what kind of parts you need. I hope I have given you some insight into your question. I worked with these motors on Trucks and Buses for nearly 20 years. If you need any more help, please contact me at [email protected]
You may be able to find a new Gland and bearings for it, it you take it apart. Some US machine company, could match the parts up from a US vehicle
For what its worth, the injectors appear identical to those on my David Brown farm tractor's engine. Otherwise, I do not recognize the motor.
thanks bilshatri, hopefully can find the parts, don't have time for engine swaps right now