Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Howard Rotovator Parts

chroniekon ยท 2012-02-10 12:13

I recently purchased an E60 Howard Selectatilth Rotovator at a local equipment auction. This week I've been going through it and have found out why the previous owner got rid of it. It needs the input shaft to the gear box and the clutch hub as the splines on both parts are nearly gone. The parts are available new, but crazy expensive. I'm just going to use it in the garden so could probably get a season or two out of it the way it is, but sooner or later it's going to fail completely and I'd like to find some used parts if anybody has/knows of some.

Replies2
  1. #1bailey2012-12-12 01:23

    60'' howard selectatilth Dec 11 2012 I came across your 2011 email re: your howard. If you did not fix would you ring me as i need some parts . 425.387.3607

  2. #2chroniekon2012-12-12 02:32

    I was able to fix it for now. I came across a product called Devcon titanium epoxy. I cleaned (sand blasted) the splines on the shaft and hub a filled the gaps with the epoxy and reassembled everything. I've got 3-4 hours of use out it so far, and it's still holding tight.