Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Hyd specs for project

Cat digger ยท 2015-02-11 20:35

First I want to thank you all for this forum. Lots of good info here. I am going to build a stump grinder for a 2005 cat 302.5 mini. I need to come up with best Hyd motor for the job. Also have to find out best wheel dia. And rpm. I want this to work as good as it can but I cannot find out my flow or pressure for this machine any help appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-02-11 21:07

    Auxiliary circuit (max. delivery) 52 lpm at 17 200 kPa 13.7 gpm at 2495 psi Brochure can be found here: http://www.macallisterrentals.com/files/302.5-Series-Spec-Sheet.pdf And the C version here: http://www.ezentus.com/images/stories/products/HydraulicExcavators/3025C.pdf

  2. #2Cat digger2015-02-11 21:29

    Thanks that gives me a good start

  3. #3lantraxco2015-02-11 21:48

    That's right at 20 horsepower, not gonna be a real skookum grinder with that, but that's all the engine you got. Have fun!

  4. #4Cat digger2015-02-11 22:14

    Yea it's not the biggest unit. But I figure I can make it work. It's a lot better sitting in a heated cab than horsing a small manual grinder. I saw they have an engine mounted model but I want to keep it simple for now.