Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker Neuson 3503 and Case CX31 user reviews

Canuck Digger ยท 2015-02-11 21:26

Hi, Just wondering if any members out there run either one of the above. Looking for real life experiences. Not much history on the site other than a post by KSSS on the Wacker. I need to replace my CAT 303CR which I had sold last fall. These are couple of the options I haven't been able to find out much about. I've looked at other brands but at the end of the day the price point has to make sense. Just as an example, our local bobcat dealer wants 18K more for an E32 than what the dealer wants for the 3503 with same options. The resale won't be much different I don't think The KX91 is 10K more and so on. Yes I see the dealer support point of view but at the end of the day, the numbers need to make sense...... Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Glen Bell2015-02-12 01:01

    I have a 38z3, which I believe is pretty much the same as the 3503 just in a zero tailswing. Bought mine used from a Colorado dealer/rental outfit. No dealers in my area (over in the southeast corner of our province) either, but as you said the price point makes it attractive. Mine's a 2008 model, only had about 950hrs on it, paid 24K for it. Looked at a lot of Cat 303's but in that vintage, they were 39k+ and had a lot more hrs. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it, do my own routine maintenance and if I do run into a problem that I can't handle myself I will just have to enlist help from someone smarter than myself. I've bought a few add-ons from the Colorado dealer since initial purchase, doesn't seem to be an issue getting parts through them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wacker to anyone. They are incredibly popular in Europe, they make all Cat's small excavators now, not sure why we don't see more here....probably just folks tend to stick with the popular old familiar makes I suppose. Whatever, I'm happy with mine... Glen

  2. #2KSSS2015-02-12 01:15

    I rented a 38Z3 for a couple months last year. I liked it, I really liked the tilting house. I used it in the mountains building rock walls and digging septic systems while I had it. The VDS was priceless for me on those jobs. I have not run the 3503 so I cant comment. One of the things that you will notice in the WN machine verse the CASE/Kobelco is that ergonomically speaking the Kobelco machine will be more ergonomic in my opinion. I have spent time in the Kobleco 36 but not the 31 so from a performance perspective I don't know which is stronger. You would likely have to demo the machines to see for yourself. I would only say that there is nothing to fear from WN. They know how to build an excavator.