Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need info on bucket

winky ยท 2010-09-07 19:28

Could someone tell me how much side to side play is acceptable . My bucket moves about 2 inch either side , JD 250 . My first skid steer , only have had farm tractors . Also is this expensive to correct , thanks:usa

Replies11
  1. #1bpogue2010-09-07 22:28

    What exactly is moving? Is it movement between the coupler and the bucket?

  2. #2jean2010-09-07 22:30

    do you mean that the bucket is moving on the attachment front end? or do you mean that the whole arms are going back and forth?

  3. #3winky2010-09-07 22:34

    the bucket is not the arms , very sloppy

  4. #4winky2010-09-07 22:39

    The bucket itself.even when traveling it sways side to side

  5. #5jean2010-09-07 22:48

    i am not a professional by no means but that cant be right. do you have manual attatchment clamps or hydraulic? perhaps they need checking to be sure the pin is going all the way into the hole on the bottom or something.

  6. #6jean2010-09-07 22:55

    take this with a grain of salt too. is it possible that it aint th right bucket for some reason? maybe the side guides on the top lips are too wide for your machine

  7. #7winky2010-09-07 23:00

    manual , I think your right I better stop using it until its checked out, other than that it runs very well. I have been pulling out fence post with it by putting a strap around the bucket then wraping it around the post. My 32 horse JD 3203 wont budge them

  8. #8Cannon2010-09-08 16:34

    Slop from side to side can be: 1) Lift Arms have spread outward. 2) Pins between the Lift Arms and Bucket have worn 3) Bucket "Holes" where the pins insert have 'wallered out. 4) The bolts positioned on the outside of the lift arms, that keep the pins in place have loosened.

  9. #9winky2010-09-08 19:27

    Thanks Cannon , Maybe #3 or #2 but may be a combination of both .

  10. #10cps2010-09-09 07:52

    Do you have any other attachments to try on it, to see if they all do the same!

  11. #11winky2010-09-09 11:18

    Only one I have . It came delivered to me with a new 66inch dirt bucket . I have only put about 5 hours on it around the house . Noticed it right away but thought it was normal not knowing anything about them. I need to clean up a trail on a tree farm and I am concerned about this problem