I'm looking into purchasing an excavator. It is an international and is an older model. Just looking for some guys with more experience to possibly tell me what model this is and possibly how much it is worth? It runs good and doesn't have any issues. Any help is appreciated.
$5000...max IMHO Don't buy it unless you need it to do something, but I'd rent one before I bought that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I can't imagine most parts are gonna be easy for it unless you've got more info on brand / model.
It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to play and love working on old equipment it might be OK. But I'm going to rephrase xr4ticlone's quote. "Don't buy it unless you need something to do." Because it will break and that will give you lots to do trying to find parts for it. Maybe it's different in Ky but on the west coast I don't think you'd fine many parts for it.
It is a re-branded Yumbo build in France. We couldn't get parts for them when I worked on them in 1979 when they were new.
Just my option but once any equipment reaches the antique age and parts are very hard to find then is worth its weight in scrap. I know this sounds very bad and I know there are a lot of collectors out there that love to get a hold of any old Cat, John Deere, International... I myself picked up a old Hein Werner C12 excavator a few years ago to use around the farm. Been lots of work replacing old hydraulic lines, bearings, broken gearboxs. However the price was right, I got it for the price of scrap and saved it from melt-down. At least for now it has a home and it gets used 2-3 time a year on the farm. I would NEVER want to try and make a living using this old girl but it does still run and gets the job done (slowly).