I am replacing my dozer looking at maybe a D41ex or case 850K. looking for clean machine with 6 way and cab with air. It would be a real plus if it has any extras like a winch or ripper and sweeps and screens. If you know of a machine or have info let me know. Thanks.
What kind of money do you want to spend? What kind of work are you planning on doing?
Looking for specific first hand knowledge of these machines, or someone that has one for sale, not looking for opinions of what I need, so many different ,so to be a smart a**, dozer work, (LOL) But the money somewhere under 60k. Thanks
I never liked the way the blade tilted on a 41. That's something I would look at if I was going to do any clearing work. I like the 37's and 39's but stayed away from the 41's on account of the blade. Just my 2 cents.
I know they angle 55 degrees to the left so a 10 foot blade hauls at 8'6". How do they tilt? My normal work is pads and clearing.
Komatsu 41 Blade Maybe this will help. I really wanted one of these dozers but I am scared of the blade holding up in what I do. It don't look like it would take a lot of abuse. In clearing a six way blade is pretty iffy when you start getting much over 100 HP IMO. I have never had any trouble other than Cylinder Ram Bolts with a Late Model D4H LGP running a 6 way Blade. That problem is usually operator error also. I have also never bought anything bigger than a D4H with a 6 way blade either
I currently do some clearing, not really big stuff with my modified 850E Case so it is now 100hp and a six way. It does real good but I do not just ram trees either. The 41 has about 5k more lbs and jut about 10 hp more. I have a larger 4 way to knock down the real stuff.Thanks for the input and pics.
I saw your dozer on Craigslist, did you buy another one yet?
my ad on craigslist was for my second dozer setup, I still have that one but sold my case and rig. I did buy a 850K waiting for it to get here.
Where are you located K5Cruz?
I'm in Seminole, not too far from Shawnee. Post up some pictures of the new one when it shows up!
See if this worked
Looks good. Put it to work yet?
Just around the place, going to job this week.
How did you get your old 850 to 100 HP? I've got one I would like to bump up.
Mine was easy, it was burned to the ground, I had to put a new engine and found one that was out of a new case tractor that had a cab fire. It was a turbo, an option on the E. Made it a little easier to have a "factory everything" going back together. However if you go get your inj pump advanced or swap for another it will get you alot more. The diff from 89 to 100 was very noticable to me. Been nice to take it up to 120, I believe it would easily handle the power, more so if grouser are worn some.