Anybody use these TerraTec Blades? Just stumbled across these on the internet. Seems like a good idea but also seems like not being solid would make it both structurally weaker and heavier. Just curious if anybody knows how they hold up in the field. http://www.gradingandexcavation.com/video/terratecind/index.html
almost looks like the snow pushers we put on our loaders for clearing parking lots!!!
Wouldn't want to be any cars in the parking lot!
What is pushing that thing....How do they transport it if it comes apart then it has a weakness surely
From the pictures and video a D6N. I could only see this attachment being useful in pushing wood chips, maybe coal or another light material. Fine grading with the nice sandy material they have in the video looks efficient but how many times do you find that sort of material on a site? A D6N is no slouch for it's size but I have my doubts about this "blade" working as they intend it to.:cool2
I would agree with the D6N. It's not meant to push dirt, it's sole purpose is to spread base material.
Vantage Tes is right. It's not a blade, it's a screed. think more along the lines of a paver for gravel instead of asphalt.
Just replaces a Jersey Spreader for spreading base stone behind trucks, You can set the height of the end bits to the loose height of the base course of your road, then just run a roller behind it, and you are done... I believe you can also set crown with it...
That would be perfect for prepping the sand under astro-turf.
I read an article about this. I think the contractor was using somewhere out in Colorado. They had a contract to regrade and stone roads for an army testing range. They would stone the road in one pass and even put a crown in it. It is a modified snow pusher, the contractor contacted the manufacturer about producing these but they were not interested. I believe they are going to try and manufacture them with another company.
I've thought about something similar, really just end plates with shoes, on one of my graders. Spread rock or dirt on logging roads with one pass, no waste. Not that wide just regular 12 or 14' depending on which grader I use. What do y'all think?
that is a great idea. thanks for showing that.