From the list of 3, which would you guys pick? Do you guys know of any problems or issues with any of them, thank you so much. Also any idea where a guy can get a consumer review on wheel loaders? 1. Hyundai HL 760, 2. JCB 426 HT and 3. Case 621E
I see that you are not getting a lot of response from people on your question. I own 2 JCB 426HT at the time and I am looking at replacing my older unit which is a 98, and the newer unit is a 05. I have had great luck with both machines and would recommend them to anyone. Very minor problems, such as we had to rebuild the Alternator, batteries, and a few hoses. Most everything was just typical wear. When looking at replacing the older unit, I have been looking at many different types, excluding the Case. I do not like Case myself. But the one that has my interests peaked is the new Hyundai HL740TM-9, this is their Tool Carrier option. I was hoping there would be some people on this forum that may have used some of the Hyundai equipment and are willing to give me some feed back on it. The Hyundai is about 50K cheaper than the JCB. If you have anymore questions in regards to the JCB feel free to contact me , and if anyone else can give me more insight on the Hyundai I would appreciate it. Thanks
I have experience with the Case and the Hyundai. Either one would be fine. For me it would come down to the local dealer. Check on the dealer for each machine, and see who can provide the best parts and service support. Talk to customers, not just the sales people. If they are used, the machine condition would play a major part of the decision as well.
Around here(Ontario) the service and parts availability for the Case would be the best. Pretty much any Case CE or Ag dealer could service this unit. Strongco has 9 dealers in Ontario, There are has to be at least 9 Ag dealers who could also supply some parts and service. JCB and Hyundai dealers are far and few.
I would like to know the same about the Hyundai loaders. I am looking at a 757-9 loader and I have always have CAT equipment but I have a dealer for Hyundai 10 miles from me rather then the 80 miles away that the CAT dealer is. Also they want $185,000 for a CAT 938H and I can get a 757-9 for $135,000 or a 760-9 for just under $150,000 new. They price differece is crazy and CAT will only give me a one year 1500 hour warranty unless I want to pay $3600 and Hyundai comes with a 3 year 3000 hour warranty. So my big hang up is if CAT wants me to pay so much more because they have such a better machine why not stand behind even 2 year 2000 hours? ALSO the CAT doesnt cover everything and the Hyundai warranty covers everything but tires. I have it all in writing from them with there pricing that they will cover 100% of the labor and parts for the first 3 year or 3000 hours. This friday I have a meeting with the CAT dealer to come look at the CAT 930 I want to trade and give me what he came up with for pricing and what they have to offer and he gave me a list of parts 4 pages long of what they cover under the warranty and I told if I dont want a parts list I want 100% coverage for 3 years and he told me they cant offer that. He did say for $3500 they would give me a 5 years 2000 hour hydraulics, and transmission warranty... I am calling CAT monday and going to try and meet with them again and hash out this warranty but I would really like to know how people like these Hyundai loaders and how they are working out and also how hard it is to get parts....
I've seen the bottom center pin fall out of a Hyundai wheel loader that had less than 5,000 hours on the meter. I've seen plenty of broken dash panels and non-working electronic displays. As I recall the engines were all Cummins but it has been some time. There is a reason Hyundai is less expensive. I'm not saying don't buy one. If the warranty is bumper to bumper and everything is covered and written into the sales contract, then it might be worth the risk. I'm betting though that there are more disclaimers in the warranty than snow flakes falling in Alaska. On the parts side, I would get a book from the dealer and just pick out random components from different aspects of the machine. The easy place to start is the common maintenance items. Are the filters all on the shelf at the local dealer, are any of the oils of uncommon specification and so on? Then start looking at the hard parts. Do they carry engine parts or do you have to go somewhere else for that? Do they have new or remanned units? Is the transmission electronically controlled and do you need special tools to troubleshoot that? Does the dealer have those specialty tools? Make the dealer show them to you. Finally make the dealer take you to or put you in touch with customers who have purchased these units. Go see the units in action and talk to the people operate them and keep them running. I've had many people tell me all kinds of stories about how they saved so much money on lesser brands of iron. I've also seen many of the lesser brands go out of business while the big three are still thriving. You are talking about a major investment that will be capitalized over a specified number of years. Make sure the machine will last that number of years before you jump. Good Luck!
I had a meeting with the CAT dealer today, they did drop the price but not much... They pulled the "At this point we are not making anymore it is are our cost to keep you with us" I have a very hard time buying that line... When it comes to warranty I am out of luck they will not do a 3000 hour 3 year warranty that covers all non wear parts. They just will not do anything more then one year I was told.... I am really not happy with that. Called Deere today and they will do a 3 year 3500 hours I guess they do it all the time for towns... I really like the CAT but why dont the step up the warranty.