I have a 2008 Komatsu PC78US-6 excavator in need of the haydraulic control valve assembly. The boom function part was damaged by debris from the boom cylinder after I had it repacked by a hydraulic shop. Not only does Komatsu wan`t 8200.00 plus tax and shipping they tell me it must be ordered from the factory and not delivered untill the end of February. Needless to say I need the machine now. Any help advise or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
About all you can do is look for a used machine you can get the valve out of. There is a place in New York and another in Washington State. You might try a search using used Komatsu parts to get their information. How much damage do you have. Usually the spool just gets stuck in the bore and you can drive it out and polish the spool and the bore until the spool moves easily. It will probably cause the boom to drift a bit but at least you could use the machine. Good Luck
That usually works. If you need more the housing can be oversized and the spool ground and plated
I don`t know how much damage there is but the boom has very little power in the down position. Who can bore the housing and plate the spool oversize? There is no one in N. Louisiana that I know of.