Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need new tracks for a Takeuchi TL 130- which brand to use?

giannid ยท 2017-02-12 08:54

So the tracks on my compact track loader are starting to look pretty rough. They are Mclaren next gen Tdf tracks that I purchase in 2009. They've held up pretty good considering the machine spends half its time on pavement and have 1000 hours on them. Just doing some research to see what's out there that's decent. The Mclarens were expensive when I purchased them, $2400 shipped to Ohio in 2008. Are there any other manufactures making good tracks priced better than Mclarens these days? Looks like ebay has a bunch priced for under 2k shipped to you.

Replies15
  1. #1Mark132017-02-12 13:18

    I have a set of Solideal/Camoplast SD pattern tracks waiting to go on my TL230. If I remember right they were under $1800 to my front door.

  2. #2giannid2017-02-12 20:11

    Thanks for the reply Mark13, but I'm looking for someone who has some time on a set. I just want to know they're decent before I purchase them. That's about the same price I've been seeing.

  3. #3Dylan M.2017-02-13 03:05

    Giannid, I am in the same boat as you. I'm looking to get some new tracks for my Mustang MTL25 and have been looking at McClaren. I've been told by multiple people that the Chinese tracks from Ebay are garbage. Some people report that the tracks stretch to the point that they are not usable after a couple hundred hours. You mentioned your current McClaren tracks are ran on asphalt the majority of the time. What tread pattern are they? I would be curious to see a picture of how they have worn over the years. Also are they smooth on asphalt? My current tracks are a bar style track and they damn near rattle the cab bolts loose because they're so rough on asphalt.

  4. #4giannid2017-02-13 10:43

    My tracks currently are the next gen tdf. Believe they only come in one thread pattern. Don't know how to post pictures but they're pretty worn down now. Barely get any traction plowing snow with them. I wouldn't say they are real smooth on pavement but pretty good. I think if you want smooth you need a skid steer.

  5. #5Hysert2017-02-13 14:12

    X2 on the camo SD

  6. #6Hysert2017-02-13 14:16

    Not easy to do without another machine lol... I got 700hrs on mine! About half inch of wear!!! They work good yr round, kinda why I bought them as we use the machine for snow and didn't want to spend another 4k on summer tracks!!! Up here in Canada they cost me 3k

  7. #7giannid2017-02-13 14:42

    Hysert, you in the dirt a lot or on pavement? Camoplast make a hxd track which is supposed to be better for pavement. I got quoted 2100 for the hxd and 1700 for the ones you have.

  8. #8Dylan M.2017-02-13 14:52

    Giannid, I currently have tracks on my machine that have the exact tread pattern as the Camso CTL SD and I will tell you they are terrible on pavement. I have literally had to tighten my cab bolts because they rattle the machine so bad. That is why I am in the market for new tracks as well. My current tracks have 50% life, but I need something smoother on pavement. I've been told to get the "H- Pattern" aka HXD track from Camoplast because the larger footprint is supposedly smoother. Which company quoted you 2100 for the HXD?

  9. #9Hysert2017-02-13 15:08

    We are on dirt for the most part and pavement in the winter!! I don't notice the chatter like Dylan has mentioned tho... I actually think there quite smooth??? Like I said I opted for the SDs bc they claim there all seasons!! When I bought my machine the tracks were whipped so I needed a new set and wasn't gonna buy summer and winter tracks so this was the best option for me!!! As for traction they do fine mud and snow wise

  10. #10Dylan M.2017-02-13 17:23

    Hysert, I think they are great tracks for off-road use. When I ran them in dirt they were great. I'm not trying to trash talk them in any way. However, my experience is that are not meant for asphalt. To be fair I don't think tracked machines are meant for asphalt in general.

  11. #11giannid2017-02-13 18:09

    tire and tracks .com quote me $2100 Camo hxd track delivered to me. Delivery is only $100 as they are in Columbus Ohio and I'm in Cleveland. They said I'd probably have to pay sales tax though which will be $150 or so. I might try to find them from somewhere else out of state so I don't have to pay sales tax. I also got quoted $1300 from another place for a V track brand track sold by Value part. Not sure how good they are. Read on here the ITR and Trelleborg tracks are good also. Have yet to find anyone. Maybe someone will chime in that's used them.

  12. #12Hysert2017-02-13 18:55

    No offense taken bud!!! I agree about the asphalt and tracks!!

  13. #13HRPServicesTX2017-02-19 19:18

    I really like the Trelleborg tracks I got, C lug pattern, very aggressive tread. They do tear up the ground more than the OEM tracks...But in my line of work that doesn't matter, rather have the traction. I paid about $1700 for them, again exempt, no tax.

  14. #14Swannny2017-02-20 20:14

    McLaren track prices may have come down since you purchased in 08 due to all of the competition that has risen since. I bought a pair of the Next Gen (similar to the CAT/ASV pattern) in 09, then checked again several years later only to find the price dropped. But, the tire guy I deal with has warned me that rubber prices are going up ten to twenty percent.

  15. #15giannid2017-02-20 20:55

    I really can't complain about the McClarens. They got a thousand hours on them and still rolling. They're pretty whipped though