Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need parts help for c70 chevy

99580l ยท 2008-12-16 10:38

This may not be considered a heavy truck by most folks here but here goes. I have a 1979 chevy c70, 366, 5+2, 12' dump, and the kingpins are starting to wear badly. Where can i get some replacement pins and bushings. I really just would like to know if parts are still available for this truck or am i SOL!

Replies4
  1. #1Red Bank2008-12-16 20:12

    Check with a Chevy dealer that sells that size truck, and if you have one in your area some place like Truckpro, or Fleetpride, and you could check with a large truck alignment shop. Just some ideas.

  2. #2wilddanz712008-12-16 20:54

    I would think your local NAPA could help you, I know that mine can good luck!!!

  3. #3CM19952008-12-16 21:03

    99580l,the guys at Fleetpride in B'ham are pretty good at getting whatever you need. I get my light and heavy duty truck parts there. They have a few more locations around the state - http://www.fleetpride.com/fp_p/branch.html

  4. #4woodchuck22008-12-19 15:11

    X2, Napa here carries alot of large truck parts. Your truck is very common and i doubt any parts changed very much at all through the years.