Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need plugs and cap for Cat 426 hydraulic lines

edgephoto ยท 2019-09-07 20:57

I am going to be repacking the 4 cylinders on my hoe this coming weekend. I am trying to figure out what I need to plug the hydraulic lines so I don't leak fluid everywhere. Does anyone have a kit they can suggest or know what the fitting size is on my machine. My machine is a Cat 426 7BC15XX. This info will help me order a couple hoses online.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-09-07 21:07

    If you operate the control levers for each cylinder with the engine off, that should relieve any residual pressure in the lines. There should be minimal loss of oil other than what is in the cylinders and the lines to them. Just wrap a rag around the open lines to keep dirt out.

  2. #2edgephoto2019-09-07 21:16

    Thanks for the info. I was not sure if the tank would drain or not.