Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need rear window for 580 Case Super K

Al2 ยท 2021-03-11 09:24

Hi everyone . Been hanging around her for sometime but had to register again. I need the upper window for this tractor and see some are available from the states. Just wondering if there are any suppliers in Ontario other than a dealer that might be able to supply a window. Just guessing a dealer might be a lot more expensive but will check right now. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-03-11 11:22

    Any glass shop should be able to make it. It would be laminated. That is what I have in my own T/L/B. Unless you want tempered glass. They can sometimes order it from their suppliers.

  2. #2Dirttracker182021-03-12 09:21

    I would echo the same, have a look at the dealer price and then see what a local glass place would charge to make one. In my past life I was a glass guy (auto, heavy equipment and glazer) and we made heavy equipment glass all the time. Not every place does it but call around. Usually you just make a trace with heavy paper and bring it in and a sample of the rubber.

  3. #3580bob2021-03-12 09:38

    cant make those back windows they are curved and have holes drilled in them they slide in tracks

  4. #4Tinkerer2021-03-12 10:49

    For some unknown reason I thought that they were flat. They certainly are curved. $140.00 USD plus tax from CNH dealers.

  5. #5Dirttracker182021-03-12 11:33

    lol yup curved is an issue and dealer only, although holes would not be. Any glass shop can drill holes in safety glass without issue. Can curve it thought!

  6. #6Al22021-03-23 08:46

    Just a follow up. Ordered the window from a nearby by Case dealer for $200 Canadian along with some other small hardware for the window about 9 am one day and the dealer had it in stock the next morning by 7.30! Can't beat that.