Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need recomendation on a truck

cdre ยท 2010-05-21 07:14

I'm looking at getting a 16 ton track loader and need a dump truck/trailer to move it around. I'll be doing short hauls with the trailer (less than 2 hours) and most of my material movement will be short runs of less than a mile. I'd like to go with the smallest dump truck that will handle the weignt of tractor and trailer. Trying to keep my costs down below 15k for a used truck that may need a little work. Any suggestions?

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952010-05-21 11:02

    Welcome to the Forums cdre. Here are some tandem dumps that would suit your purpose and in your price range. Here are some tag trailers. There wasn't an option to search axle sizes so there is a few trailers of all sizes there. I would go with at least a 20 ton air brake trailer. I pull a 953C on a Betterbuilt 22.5 ton tag and it works great. I haven't been to Belize but I have visited a few countries in CA. Are you located in a mountainous region or flat land?

  2. #2cdre2010-05-23 23:58

    Appreciate the links. Very helpful.