Im a 40 year diesel mechanic i work on all types of equipment but am new to the catapiller 289d3 the s/n is jx985745 I am getting a code e568-2 unexpected left Motor Forward Speed Detected i pulled the wiring harness and inspected it to the sensor but because the track is still on im having trouble disconnecting it from the sensor of course I am looking for some advice on the ohem resistance I need to see and what terminal to use to test the harness to be sure if it is the harness or the sensor or any advice on the code
For E568-2 you should perform the "Motor Speed is Unexpected" troubleshooting procedure attached. At some point you may need an electrical schematic. Can you confirm the last 5 of the Seriai Number please. From what I see JX985745 does not exist. JX9 is good, it's what comes after it.