Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need some help from the New Englanders

stretch ยท 2013-01-14 19:02

Sometime in the future, I want to write a book on heavy construction in my home state of Connecticut from c.1945-c.1990. I'm looking for pictures and information pertaining to road, bridge, and dam construction. A list of the more specific firms around here that I know of were: Angelo Tomasso, Inc.-New Britain, CT Lane Construction Corp.-Meriden, CT Arute Bros., Inc.-New Britain, CT White Oak Excavators/White Oak Corp.-Plainville, CT Charter Oak Construction/Arborio Corp.-Cromwell, CT Edward Balf Company-Newington, CT Savin Construction/Savin Bros., Inc.-Bloomfield, CT Oneglia & Gervasini Construction/O&G Industries-Torrington, CT L.G. Defelice, Inc.-North Haven, CT C.W. Blakeslee & Sons/Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman-New Haven, CT D'Addario Construction-Bridgeport, CT M.A. Gammino Construction-Providence, RI Whatever you have, post it here or email me at [email protected] . And include your info so I can credit you. Any help is appreciated!

Replies4
  1. #1stretch2013-06-18 18:24

    Decided to switch to the era 1965-1995. I received Edgar Browning's book on CT Roadbuilding until then and well...just couldn't beat that :cool2 Still looking for more pictures!

  2. #2Diecastmania2013-09-08 01:04

    NERI - Clinton CT

  3. #3Dug Overburden2026-01-08 21:46

    Stretch, I know this is an old thread, I don't even your if still active? All those contractors are mentioned in Edgar's Book's . The best way to find information is try and source older construction trade magazine's at Colleges or Public Library's Dug

  4. #4Dug Overburden2026-02-16 11:39

    Try searching for older periodical's, they are accurate and featured stories on Connecticut jobs . Good sources are Roads & Streets, New England Constructor, Construction Methods & Equipment. Here's a link to get you started . I found O&G from Connecticut in The December 1961 issue https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/serial?id=constmetheq