Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help with a Cat 416 Series II

TJAlbert · 2021-02-26 09:41

I have a Cat 416 Series II (5pc14686) that is in good running condition. However, a rat or squirrel decided to make his home under the right hand side operators panel and destroyed the wiring behind it. I have the parts manual for this machine and it looks like the harness part number is 9R-6792 but no dice from the dealer in finding one of these in the US. Looks like I am going to have to re-wire it myself. I am hoping that someone out there might have a similar machine and be able to send me some pictures of the rear portion of the panel. I do have some wiring diagrams as well but I think pictures will also be key. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632021-02-26 11:37

    The wires are colored and marked at the ends so matching them shouldn’t be too difficult. Maybe post a pic of the damage so we can see the severity.

  2. #2TJAlbert2021-02-26 14:22

    I'll be down at the farm this weekend and take some pictures. It isn't pretty!

  3. #3Nige2021-02-26 18:48

    If you want a copy of the electrical schematic for your machine you only have to ask. I’ll dig into the parts system and confirm a number for the harness you’re looking for.

  4. #4Vetech632021-02-26 19:26
  5. #5Coaldust2021-02-26 22:00

    I recommend purchasing the beautiful and color coded, hard copy schematic from the dealer. It folds out nice, easy to read and is printed on heavy glossy stock. Nige can hook you up with a pdf. You can take that to a print place and have a large poster made.

  6. #6Nige2021-02-27 10:00

    Attached the electrical schematic. 9R-6792 is the correct panel harness Part #. Cat has discontinued it but it can be ordered from Vintage Parts. See below.

  7. #7TJAlbert2021-03-17 11:48

    Thank you guys. With the use of the wiring diagram, a meter, some solder, some electrical tape and some wire I was able to get her back up and running. Still some wiring to work out for the lights, etc but the 4WD switch is working and she fires right up! Massive improvement. I struck out with Vintage Parts so far but hopefully I can find one in the future. I love this machine and she runs great when the mice stay away!