Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help with my first truck

Ace ยท 2010-01-31 20:19

I recently got my first truck and am having a little trouble. It is an 88' Ford L8000 and one of my air tanks is rusted out and leaking. I've took tanks off trucks where I used to work and had them welded up before but I think mine are too far gone and need to be replaced. Problem is that I'm not sure where to get one at? I'm afraid to even price one at ford! Does anyone know of an aftermarket place that would have it? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2010-01-31 20:56

    air tank Im not sure in your area, but there should be truck salvage places around you. If there isnt, call some of the guys in you area that has trucks, they may have a parts truck, you can get one off of. check truck repair shops, if all else fails, call the local dealer, maybe he know where there is a parts truck. Usually, if it will fit in the space it will work, unless its one of those two part tanks You might can try to Google truck shops in your area I wouldnt try to fix it, it will just start leaking somewhere else Good Luck

  2. #2tonka2010-01-31 21:48

    Daves Truck parts in Tulsa, OK phone number is 918-446-8466, your going to have to know the dementions of you tank before you call, because a tank is a tank.... there all basicly the same, and it might come off a Pete or a KW or whatever...

  3. #3barklee2010-01-31 22:08

    Try Dales truck parts in Cedarville Ohio or Goodys in Toledo Ohio i guarentee one of them will have one

  4. #4goodearth132010-01-31 22:31

    Truck Parts (Air Tanks) If you can get the part# from Ford you can Google it & you can't imagine how many places will have them available. Maybe even on ebay. Put the # in ebay, business & agriculture portion. Good Luck. Let us know how you do with the problem. C Ya, Patrol Man (Dan) goodearth13 :usa

  5. #5Ace2010-02-04 10:14

    I found a tank! A friend of a friend knew a guy who had an old log truck sitting in the woods. I went over to check it out and it just so happened to be a older L8000 with a blown 3208 cat. I gave him $20 for the tank and it was a perfect fit so I'm back on the road. Thanks