My intake heater is smashed off on my case 580b. It is a 188 diesel engine. I have been tring to find out what i can replace it with. I am told that case has discontined this part. Is this correct? Can i use a different replacement? Has anyone ever worked on the intake heater? any help would be great I know i have been asking alot of questions lately, but i want to get my machine running right thanks for all the help
im not positive but i think perkins uses the same heater in some models
try equiptmentpartssource.com they have tons of case stuff. we used to disconect them so you chould not blow the top end off if you needed to give her a little sniff of either. also maybe napa has a universal one?
A universal heater would probably work. I will pull out what is remaining of the heater tomorrow and try and check the thread size and pitch.
I don't remember seeing too many of these that didn't work when the wiring or relay was fixed. I think a used one from a Case machine is your best bet, unless you want a new one. I'm surprised Case doesn't sell them new, as they were used on a lot of their older machines. My 580CK owners manual says it can be powered up to 1 minute. Not sure how effective these are but they do seem to help if you have a good battery. Phil
Tresslers, who is your closest Case dealer. Our shop is in the Williamsport area and we would be glad to source your parts for you, we UPS. We are heavy into BH LDRS and use supply houses to locate parts that are obsolete. Drop me an E mail to [email protected] and will E mail a phone number back. Been Case since early 50's so we know the product well. Mel
I wanted to bring this topic up again to see if a source for these heaters was found. I tried to start old blue the other day, without being plugged in, and it wouldn't go, but when I pushed my heater button for 30 seconds, she fired right up . When ordering some parts, I asked them to look up the price on that heater. They said it was discontinued due to short service life and also it was found to be ineffective. So now I'm curious...is there someone else making a replacement? Phil
Is there some type of a universal heater that could be used? I think i might have tracked one down from a case. but i am not sure if it works.
Quote From Case: " THIS PART IS NO LONGER SUPPLIED FOR SERVICE. DUE TO UNAVAILABILITY OF PARTS, POOR SERVICE LIFE, AND POOR HEATING EFFICIENCY. NO ALTERNATE WILL BE OFFERED. NOTE: AN ETHER KIT MAY BE FITTED TO THE UNIT. CUSTOMER SHOULD SEE DEALER DUE TO THE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS." A block heater is still available for this engine if that helps. We still stock them for the 188/207 engines Elast:canada
Wengers of Myerstown has used ones just ordered one a week ago.
Elast: Can you post contact info in order to purchase parts? As soon as the cold snap leaves I will be working on my 530 CK and will need stuff. I would rather support someone from this forum that gives freely of their knowledge. Thanks Dave
N/P You can get me on my email anytime. I am not sure if the mods will allow my business info but my email is in my profile. You can email me or pm me and I will be glad to give you contact info. Elast:drinkup