Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some new shoes dad!

Vantage_TeS ยท 2009-09-07 19:40

One of our D11Rs in pushcat configuration (for pushloading scrapers). Judging by the way the track frames are missing I'd guess the work being done involves them. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3897782311_3bc3d931e9_b.jpg

Replies17
  1. #1QuickTrax2009-09-07 20:03

    Possibly Pivot shaft holes were wore in the rollerframe?????

  2. #2EGS2009-09-07 20:14

    WOW I have never seen a D11 set up for pushing. That sure beats our D10N's.

  3. #3Vantage_TeS2009-09-07 20:50

    Your guess is as good as mine, it was like that when I rolled by.

  4. #4Hendrik2009-09-08 10:29

    Looks like you parked it in a bad neighbourhood and the wheels got stolen

  5. #5gbdigger2009-09-08 15:56

    Man! I didn't know you guys had bad neighborhoods up there

  6. #6Hendrik2009-09-08 18:56

    Ummnh it's actually 'down there' not 'up there' and only Squizzy lives in a real bad neighbourhood and had the wheels taken off his beloved Holden but they did leave some batteries in exchange

  7. #7Orchard Ex2009-09-08 19:28

    I think he meant in Alberta, where the dozer is...

  8. #8gbdigger2009-09-08 21:15

    Yes I meant Alberta :yup, one of my favorite songs is about Alberta or at least takes place in Alberta (Four Strong Winds)

  9. #9Vantage_TeS2009-09-08 21:31

    I checked with one of our welders today, apparently it had some cracks and is getting rebored while they are at it.

  10. #10bigcatpip2009-09-08 22:32

    need to call MTV and tell them to "pimp your ride"

  11. #11JimInOz2009-09-09 00:53

    Hi GBD, Gordon Lightfoot sang "Alberta Bound" ....one of Gordy's many great songs. I think Alberta also had a dinosaur named after it...Albertasaurus. VT, Thanks for the D11 pic.Never seen that set up before.

  12. #12Dualie2009-09-09 02:00

    thats a hell of a set of jackstands

  13. #13gbdigger2009-09-09 10:22

    I'm getting a little fftopic but Four Strong Winds was written by Ian & Sylvia Tyson and made popular by Neil Young, I'm a Neil Young junkie Now to get back on topic I would really like to see pics of that D-11 pushing scrapers when they get the shoes back on :woohoo

  14. #14Vantage_TeS2009-09-09 23:15

    From last year http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2980909540_431d430245_b.jpg It's the one in the middle of the picture. To the left is a D10N and off the screen to the right is another D11N, all pushcats. Two fleets of 631 scrapers at 7-8 scrapers each and a fleet of 651s. Here's the track lay down area. Back row: 385C LME, D6R, D5M, D10N, 850D, D10N, D10N (pushcat). Front row: D11N (pushcat), D11R (pushcat). Not pictured: 385C L, 375B L, 345C L, D10 (spare pushcat/ripper). The neverending line of scrapers. 637s, 657s, 631s, 651s: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2970870764_b8bd46317a_b.jpg Trucks, packers, scrapers, graders, waterbuffs, even a mech truck! (This was BEFORE they hauled the rest of the "herd" in to play with us): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2970823960_6147f53f87_o.jpg

  15. #15gbdigger2009-09-10 07:47
  16. #16Tigerotor77W2009-09-10 14:21

    What camera and lens are you using?

  17. #17Vantage_TeS2009-09-11 21:41

    Oops here is the link for the track laydown area: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2970843818_d24610881c_b.jpg I think that was back when I had my Canon 450D (aka XSi) so the lens would have been the kit EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. I have a 5D MKII now with a variety of L lenses to compliment it, man do you ever get crazy quality with that thing (and huge files).