Does anyone have some info on places to get replacement steering clutch parts for a D4D. It is time for them to be changed, I will be lucky to get the dozer back on the trailer to get her home. Any websites or information would be greatly appreciated. I do have the service manual and will be doing this myself, if at all possible.
Buy Caterpillar..You will get parts that are current w/upgrades and will fit correctly.Try and befriend your parts guy..ie remember his,,her birthday and xmas always helps to. There is some wiggle room on parts prices..
I prefer the Caterpillar parts as well, especially on stuff like that. It is a pretty easy repair and easily done.
go to machinerytrader.com and get into the parts section. If you have the part numbers it will bring up new after market, used, new old stock. Prices on new old stock are usually pretty inexpensive. I get quit a bit for my D8K and D7G here.
steering cases Komatsu D21S-6A oil or no oil Help
Welcome to the forum sal. :usa Read this thread and post your question, might get a little help here.
General Gear, aka Tractorparts.com and aka Steeringclutch.com http://www.steeringclutch.com/ Nice folks to deal with, good help with parts for old machinery too. Check their photo gallery! John Parks, prop. Hope this helps, Alan A couple of sites that might be of help... ACME Cat forum http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/ACME/Portal.asp ACMOC forum http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/
Go with new Cat parts if you plan to keep it.