Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some opinions on an Isuzu

Cody danos · 2021-10-19 21:40

Do any of y’all have any experience with the older models Isuzu COEs ? I recently purchased an 06 NPR diesel. It has 133k miles and runs & drive really good. After i bought it I did some light maintenance on it and didn’t find any huge issues. It’s a pretty beat up work truck, but it suits my needs pretty well. the only thing I found so far that I’m not sure about is the steering gearbox. On the top There appears to be a snap ring or seal or something that’s missing. It’s a little oily but it doesn’t seem to be leaking. I hope it shows up in the picture. I’m not exactly a mechanic, but it’s a pretty basic and straight forward truck

Replies4
  1. #1_Weldman_2021-10-19 22:47

    All is there, just looks like someone wiped the grease off around it but there is a seal up there and that oil you see is from somewhere else. If it were leaking it wouldn't look like that.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2021-10-19 23:35

    The few I know around here really like them with the exception of one guy that had gremlins. But that was a gas engine job. I really like their industrial diesels and the ones that come in the truck are pretty similar to the industrial ones.

  3. #3heymccall2021-10-20 00:40

    8 minute mark... here....

  4. #4Cody danos2021-10-20 07:46

    Thanks. It’s my daily work truck, but I never really drive it out of a 40/50 mile radius. It’s a 5.2L and it runs strong, should have a bit of life left in it