We got rained out from climbing Devils Tower and are looking to kill sometime. I would like to go tour one of the mines. We only found of one and the tours are closed until June. Anyone one else know of any in the area let me know we will be heading to Sheridan this afternoon/evening too. Not sure if we will have any internet access after the next few hrs. Thanks If anyone can help so last min.
I got nothing...sorry.
When I first read this I read "kill someone". Seemed a bit of an over reaction to rain at Devil's Tower.
Did you.find.something cool to.do.up there? Get into.any of the mines, or did the.rain stop do.you.could.climb Devils.Tower.
If you go out toward Alpha coal there is an old continous miner you can check out. I doubt you will be able to get on to any mine sites at the last minute. You can always check out Deadwood, its a neat town. Sheridan has alot to do, if you need suggestions let me know. When you head north out of Sheridan towards Decker you can see a few draglines but you wont be able to get close.
We couldn't find any mines to get into. I should of though ahead and planned it out better, but we planed our whole 2 week vacation a day and 1/2 before we left... Had a good time but we where in and out of the rain the whole trip. Back at home today not really ready to go back to work yet.