hey guys my buddy bought a little old SK03 trackhoe other day. Its been imported I believe and today he busted the cable that operates the track. Goes from lever to hydraulic block (this was described to me over the phone). He went to Kobelco and they were of NO HELP cause it was a chinese/japanese/tiawanese machine. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.
Guys will never learn to stay away from gray market machines. Dont blame the dealer because Kobelco sent a letter to dealers years ago stating they would not support grey market machines in north America. See if your importer has a source of parts. I'm sure he is connected with someone over there.
Hey I dont got no dog in this fight. He had no idea when he bought it and no idea when or how or who imported it. Just trying to help him out on it. Thanks for the reply though that clears up the dealer on his part though.
I've worked on an SK03 and have found that they are very similar if not the same as a K903. The serial number prefix should be LE if I remember right. If you go to the Kobelco parts websight they list three different K903s and a they all have the same cable part number.
dont worry about it, I have a grey machine and have found parts easily, I too had the same problem with the push pull cable. It was $100 dollars at the dealer (ouch). Kobelco is very pricey. Are you sure it is not an SK030 or SK030-2 (6,000lb machine) check the serial number to see which one it is, it shows you on the website. If it is, all the parts can be found through the Kobelco website under parts and then under parts catalog if it is an SK030-2 (like mine) the part number is PV50M01020P1. Or you can figure out the size, throw, and threaded end size and have some one online make it for you, there are a few vendors that will do so. I found it easier just to cough up the money.
glen you may want you look at dirthog post ...
It is an SK03.....roughly 16500 #'s I believe. I will pass on the info to him. thanks a TON guys!