Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some specs. for 82-20B

turbo8781 ยท 2010-01-11 01:39

Hi guys, I'm looking for some general specs. on an 82-20 B like HP, wieght, which engine they used 6V53 or 6V71, maybe years in production. Always had a thing for the T-Rex's, just liked the way they wer built and now I have a chance to buy a 20 thats in awsome shape, but I would like to have some info so I can compare it to other machines as I also have a soft spot for IH TD-15's and 20's. Not realy interested in CAT as they have always been bringing up the rear in inovation. Thanks, Turbo............

Replies6
  1. #1RDG2010-01-11 07:19

    82-20 first production model unveiled in July 1973 powered by GM 6V-71T rated @208 gross hp and 180fwhp, in 1976 upgraded to 232 gross and 205 fwhp and in 1982 the model identification was changed from the 82-20B to the Terex D700A. Pretty much in the same class as HD 16 , D7 E,F and TD20 C.

  2. #2turbo87812010-01-11 10:39

    Thanks, Thats some pretty impressive power for a cat that is about the same sizewise as a D6. now that I think about it its sort of inbetween a 6 & 7 This one is a later machine as it has the d700A stencilled on the hood.

  3. #3qball2010-01-11 13:02

    cat brings up the rear in innovation? can you explain this statement?

  4. #4Trakwork2010-01-11 19:21

    You can purchase D700 Terex literature on ebay...... http://cgi.ebay.com/Terex-D700A-D80...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ae6c2eb2 I have an 82-40 , Terex had a fine series of Dozers, just to bad the line was discontinued , I always thought Terex new management made a bad business decision.

  5. #5turbo87812010-01-11 20:18

    Yes its a shame. My nieghbor has a 82-40 and I love running it, it has the speed of something like a JD 550 with more wieght and power than a D8 and very comefortable on steep round.

  6. #6Trakwork2010-01-11 21:49

    All true.... the 8240 is a well balanced machine. Weight and power with ease of control. Terex and other American manufacturers fell victim to cheap foreign labor, corporate raiders and international banking schemes. .