I bought a 1975 TD-25C this week.. mainly for fun. Runs great, some life left in the undercarriage too. I have an operators manual coming from Ebay. I have run a 25 a few times over the years, but its been a long time. I know that they used 10W motor oil in the main frame/transmission. When the previous owner and I put the blade on it yesterday he added some standard hydraulic/transmission fluid to the hyd reservoir next to the fuel tank. From what gather this is ok? I can't see how regular hydraulic fluid could hurt anything in the system. Its mainly 10W oil anyway. Am I correct. ?? Can someone give the proper fluids for these things?. I doubt these old machines relay care if its hytran fluid or 10W motor oil. Thanks.
Nice find on the 25 Tim ! Yep , the book calls for 10 W motor oil . We have a 1972 25 C dozer . Had pretty good luck with Xtreme tractor fluid in everything be it a dozer or farm tractor . Buy it at the local farm supply store . http://xtremeoil.com/allproducts/xtreme-tractor-hydraulic-fluid/
Hi 25C, I was hoping you would chime in... and thats exactly the fluid we put into it!!!, The guy has about four more 25's if you want one!!..and some 9G's, 82-30's, HD16's, etc, etc. Never knew about him and was only 35 minutes away. I paid 13,000 for this 25C. Cheaper than buying a UTV!!! Got it in my yard today, I ordered a turbo outlet elbow, to replace the rotted one, put a straight stack on her out of stove pipe, and now just need to change engine oil&filters and check the transmission/torque oil. Should most likely do filters on those also. Tilt hoses need replacing of course and thats easy. She works relay well with no major leaks "except tilt hose" two speed is good, shifts good, etc. I will never use it enough to wear it out!!..I think I might have a decent machine. Nothing sounds better than a 817 with a straight stack!!! She even has the bigger power!! Pound for pound I have to say a 25C makes an 8H or K look a bit green around the gills. Thanks, Tim.
That's pretty cool Tim ! You will get along fine with that tractor fluid . And yes ... An IH TD 25 C will make a monkey out of a Cat D 8 K .
What part of the world is this collection in.....? Looks like a nice machine. Darn sure worth the $$
Hi,Junkyard, Location is Western NY. South of Buffalo, Town of Sardinia/Holland. The man has a large amount of old iron. Here are a couple 9G's he got the day before I picked up the 25C
Cool I just sold my td15 and holy crap does a 25 look big in comparison!
Could have only wished closer!! Eh Junkyard!
Amen!