Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need to find CAT, Case, Deere, etc blade cylinders to fit Allis

Andrew_D ยท 2014-07-10 20:35

The blade lift cylinders on my Allis HD11 are shot. When I bought it, I knew the seals were pooched and the shafts were scratched badly (and deep!). Took them off and to the local hydraulic shop to be inspected. Says that the tubes are shot as well. He's figuring a price on making new ones, but I got to wondering..... Maybe there is something out there on another machine that would work? 5" Bore 36" Stroke Trunnion Mount - Closed 26" pin-pin. Extended 62" pin-to-pin. Does anyone know of a dozer with a similar spec cylinder? Yes, I know that there are still other dimensions to consider: rod end attachment, trunnion design, hydraulic ports, etc. But those items "might" be relatively easy to adapt.....depending on the cylinder of course! Any help appreciated! Andrew

Replies6
  1. #1Andrew_D2014-07-13 13:14

    Nobody with ideas? OK, how about asking it this way: What size are the trunnion mount blade cylinders on various other dozers? Maybe I can eliminate some from my list to check. I've looked at jdparts to get cylinder numbers for 750/850/950/1050 dozers. No sizes listed there though. I'll call my dealer tomorrow. Andrew

  2. #2Andrew_D2014-07-13 13:25

    Just got a message over on ACMOC that a D7E cylinder is 5" bore x approx 37" stroke. Anybody have a part number, or better yet a drawing? Nige? Andrew

  3. #3Axle2014-07-13 16:29

    Shop talk might make it in front of a few more eyes that may not venture into the specific machinery sections. I would imagine theres an online lookup similar to John Deere for parts breakdowns and numbers. Alex.

  4. #4Nige2014-07-13 18:57

    Only thing I can find quickly in 5" bore about the stroke you want is a cab raising cylinder for a 300-series excavator. 5" bore x 34.5" stroke. Any use to you..?

  5. #5Andrew_D2014-07-13 18:59

    Is it a trunnion mount? Andrew

  6. #6Andrew_D2014-07-13 19:01

    I am registered with my local dealer online (Toromont), but apparently can't look at parts without going through their financial check just in case I want to order something. Does CAT not have a parts lookup like Deere does? (Granted, Deere's could use a bit of work and more info!) Andrew