I bought a '79 450C... Runs great, works great, but it does need chains/rails, bottom rollers and sprockets. Are there any reputable used undercarriage parts dealers ? And if I buy new, who is a decent outfit for price and service. I will NOT be putting lots of hours on the machine and will use here on my property mainly. My thought is to do my projects and re sell the machine. But I think I better put a decent set of chains, bottom rollers, and sprockets on it. Thanks, Tim.
I put a complete after market undercarriage on, new parts from the JD dealer, for $6400 in parts, plus labor...450B, so same basic undercarriage. This was about six months ago, many vendors to choose from. Used parts are low on availability. Howard
Trek, some JD dealers sell it as an alternative to the higher priced JD undercarriage.
Trek or ITR
ITR would be my choice, if you want to PM me I can see about getting you a comparison quote....
tracksnteeth.com tractorzone.com and wegners out of myerstown pa come to mind.
I replaced my undercaarriage with parts from these guys, very good aftermarket parts and a good selection of nos jd parts. Very well priced. Jeff is a great help! Jeff Pilbeam Buck & Knobby Equipment Co 855-210-2825 Ext 1243 M-F 7-5:30 Sat 7-12 Eastern Time Zone