I believe its a D7F Military Serial Tag 61G456 This came off the rear of Dozer no tag On dash engine been changed toNew style 3306.So no tractor number there Thanks
61G456 is confirmed as a military D7F. The Serial Number would be written 61G00456 in today's system. Year I would say late-1970/early-1971 but prepared to be corrected. It would appear to have gone through some sort of upgrade programme, maybe SLEP, maybe not, if it has a 3306 engine installed. Do you have a S/N or any other data from the engine.? This THREAD should answer a lot of your questions. Especially the things to look for to confirm that a D7F did actually go through the full SLEP programme.
Thanks that helps. Engine ser, 08734690 AR- 5R7756 Mod 5R7757 01 I dont think it went thru the slep as it dont have the either injection and the oil test ports. there are more numbers on the engine tag hp rpm ect
one more # OEM #DAA E07-86-C-1346
I’ll have to look up the Arrgt Number of the engine but off the top of my head I reckon that is a PC engine. Does it have glow plugs.?
no it does not have glow plugs
Thanks for that. I’ll have to check exactly what arrangement that corresponds to, because the 3306 engines I’ve come across before in SLEP D7F tractors were 6NC S/N prefix and 5R8357 Arrgt Number.
OK thank You Nige heres the tag
Take a look at that thread I linked earlier, paying special attention to the photos/description of the jump start receptacle starting with Post #91 and through to Post #94 on Page 5. Does your tractor have the concentric NATO-style receptacle or the earlier side-by-side one.? The engine S/N is actually 08 Z 34690. It was built on the 7th August 1986 and shipped from the factory on the 12th of September that same year. I would say that makes it far too early to be a SLEP engine because they were built in the late-1990s. The 5R7756 engine Arrangement you have actually services in the system to the 5R8357 Arrgt (see below) used for the SLEP programme. Unfortunately there is no exact date given at which this update took place. However the system shows 5R8357 being used from engine S/N 08Z58879-Up. That particular engine was built in June 1990. The 5R7756 engine Arrgt does not have an ether starting aid whereas the 5R8357 Arrgt does. Talking more about the linked thread on military D7F tractors the engine in the tractor purchased by @Hoghart (6NC02648) was actually built in October 1997 which ties in with his tractor having gone through the SLEP programme.
I should have mentioned that the thread I linked earlier contains all sorts of information about how to download all the necessary manuals for a 61G-prefix machine if you have not done so already.
OK I cant thank you enough for the info,Im still reading thru some of it .My dozer has had the battery system reworked so there are no connectors Im going to revamp some of it as its not good right now. Im working on that thread you send as it looks tobe a wealth of info.Again Thank You Your knowledge is invaluable for this stuff.