Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Needs some help with HD-5

born2ride ยท 2008-06-03 12:16

From the information i found on this little pup they mention a restictor on the return line to maintain psi. I have looked high and low can not seem to find it.I thought it should have been in the fitting right off the head to the return line. But that one is hollow.The tractor used to read about 20psi on the gauge now it does not read at all. I am in the processs of hooking another gauge up to verify psi. One concern i have is white smoke to blueish then get to heavy black /grayish color. I figure i start with the fuel system due to some leaking lines and the gauge not reading properly. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Komatsu 1502008-06-03 20:12

    The way I remember it the restricter looks just like a regular fitting. It used to happen that someone would loose it then not knowing any better, replace it with a standard fitting which looked exactly the same. Actually remember filling a fitting with solder and drilling a hole, a long long time ago.

  2. #2born2ride2008-06-04 06:58

    Any idea how big on the hole size? I took a fuel psi reading it about 9-10 psi idle goes up to about 20 at wot. I don't have a spec for it thou Sometimes at wide open throttle it starts to runaway.? Any Idea? I don't think I mentioned that it occasionally will pop out the exhaust with a small flame

  3. #3Komatsu 1502008-06-04 07:46

    I'm sorry, I just don't remember. The fuel injection shop that lost it gave us a drill size which worked. They ordered a new fitting but it was going to be like three days so we cobbled it.

  4. #4born2ride2008-06-04 19:56

    tonight i cancel the injectors and one did not make any rpm change. i am going to assume i need to test compression and pop the injector off. any help is appreciated...