Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Neil DD5500 paver

Vetech63 · 2019-07-23 07:03

Just when I thought there wasn't a worse serviceable machine than a Weiler, along comes this Neil paver. Yeah, that's the left side hydraulic motor lying on the ground (and I DIDNT unbolt it and lay it there!) 1 bolt was still in the mounting flange but the rest of them are part of the pavement now. The drive planetary had grenaded a gear and wiped out the entire planetary. Looks easy to remove huh...……...don't let that fool you. This thing has the undercarriage of a dam tank and there is no EASY way to get this out. I managed to remove the planetary drive by removing the mounting bolts between the mounting plate and the track pads (otherwise, it required dropping the entire track frame assembly.) I will add pics of the explosion later tonight. This does lead to a parts issue I am seeing a lot more of...…...which I am starting in the General Forum.

Replies2
  1. #1Bls repair2019-07-24 18:19

    Don’t you wish you could get the engineer that designed this and stuff his butt under there and see how it is in the real world.

  2. #2Vetech632019-07-28 03:44

    Should have this build to order drive planetary in 2-3 weeks.