Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo paver parking brakes not holding

msllc · 2019-05-27 20:30

I had a low-boy driver inform me today that the parking brakes on one of their Volvo # 4410 pavers do not hold well when loading onto their Landoll trailer. I told him that I did not know how to adjust those brakes, but I would do some research to try & figure it out so I could do this adjustment. Can some body advise me what I should be looking for, please??

Replies5
  1. #1msllc2019-06-02 23:55

    Any ideas?

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-06-03 06:28

    There is no adjustment to my knowledge. It is hydraulic drive with spring apply park brake. If its crawling on its own when on incline, the brakes must be rebuilt. There should be a switch on the console. With the park brakes applied, it shouldn't move with the FNR lever.

  3. #3John C.2019-06-03 09:29

    You might check with the operator of the machine instead of the gear jammer. I've had plenty of truck jockeys tell me about supposed problems only to find out they didn't have a clue as to how something works.

  4. #4Ben Witter2019-06-13 17:40

    As stated there is no adjustment. They are spring applied Hyd. released. You need to check them to see if they will drive through the breaks in hi range. It will drive trough in lo range and damage the brakes. Does the park brake light come on when you bring the propel levers back to neutral?

  5. #5Bls repair2019-07-05 20:26

    You may want to check that linkages are not worn to the point that when it says it’s in neutral it actually isn’t. I’ve had this happen many times.