Got a new replacement neutral safety switch for my machine, it installs directly on the transmission which is a Clark 18000. The shift linkage operates a rod which is mostly inside the case. The neutral safety switch mounts on the case and is 'affected' by the rod. I figure the rod has a detent which aligns to the switch when the trans is in neutral. When the little ball is out, the switch is open. When the little ball gets pushed in the switch closes and allows the starter to operate (starter permissive). There is a little pin (looks like a nail) shown on the parts drawing, will it fall out? The pin is not in the photo. Should I plan for the trans fluid to pour out whilst this is being changed? Seal threads with some permatex form a gasket? Thanks in advance.
Replaced the switch today, removed old one, no oil came out, carefully threaded in the new one with a little loctite on the threads. Checked ops with a meter and only remain is to attach leads.
The leads with ring terminals were attached by threading out the studs that came with the switch and using a short brass machine screw which was easier to tighten with a long screw driver than a wrench or nut driver on the nut with the stud.
Hey I have the same machine. It starts up, the bucket and backhoe work but the transmission won't engage. Any ideas? I think it may be the neutral safety switch here.
Err I have a 860** sorry