I have a jcb 532 loadall. 4 cylinder Perkins engine. It will start, run for 2 seconds then dies. If I try to re start it Just cranks over. After letting it sit for 5 minuets it will start again And the same thing. Runs for a couple seconds. Changed fuel filter and cleaned Air filter. The same response every time. Any thoughts before I call the shop.
Does that Perkins have an electronic fuel cut off solenoid? If it does it may not be letting fuel pass by to keep the engine running. You could put your finger on it and turn the key on, it should tap your finger. If it doesnt you could try to run a jumper wire to determine for sure. Also, if im not mistaken those perkins have two fuel filters. Did you change them both?
Thanks Barkley. After letting it sit a couple hours it started and ran fine. Don't know if the fuel pump was iced up or something like that. We will see what happens in the morning when it's cold again. Thanks. Rob.