Never would have thought Cascade dishwasher detergent would bring a plugged radatior back to life.....can't thank everone enough for the help.
That's all I will use. Great stuff. Cleaned out the nastiest mess I have ever seen in a 3406E in one shot. The coolant looked like chocolate mousse. I used 10 lbs dissolved in hot water and got it done. 2 hot rinses and it was spotless inside. No trace of rainbow on the second rinse.
I used liquid...just a bottle...done a great job...coolant is the color it's supposed to be..I used Cat approved coolant...just 2 gals...I'm going to run it a bit and repeat. ...then go with complete 50-50 mix...
Had a 7410 JD TRACTOR THAT WAS OVERHEATING...PULLED THE RADATIOR TO HAVE IT VATED AND RODED...COULDN'T BECAUSE IT HAD PLASTIC TANKS. ...I THINK CASCADE WOULD HAVE SAVED ME 700 BUCKS...MADE A BEALIVER OUT OF ME...IT WASN'T NEAR AS BAD AS THE CAT SINCE I BOUGHT THE DEERE NEW....WELL WATER WITH A HIGH IRON CONTENT WAS MOST LIKELY THE CULPRIT.
Like I posted I worked the Cat hard yesterday. ..in a hole pushing material that looked like wet concrete up a 4:1 grade....cut thru a layer of shale and before long I had a foot of water in the bottom....didn't like the fact the rollers were in water....glad it's a high track.
Without pictures it didn't happen !!
WHAT'S YOU YELLING ABOUT
Hell I just realized Dennis lives about an hour or so away from me. Small world sometimes! We teach old dogs new tricks here on a daily basis. Or is it the old dogs teaching young dogs tricks? I mean, if they're young then any trick can't be old to them. However in the old dog's perspective it would be. So I guess the real question is from who's perspective is the age of the trick determined There's everybody's philosophy assignment. Not exactly on topic but hey we aren't doing brain surgery or trying to promote world peace and end hunger. Just playing with Tonka toys. Junkyard
Hell, I JUST found out my small engine tillers gas cap, was vented.. YESTERDAY.. and I'm over 50.!!! talk about old dogs & new tricks!!!!
We all do it. It's how we learn. But I agree there are days I learn or figure something out and want to smack myself in the head. Gotta love it!
This site saved me a lot of time with dishwasher detergent....I bought this 4h2 year ago....gave me fits last summer...I was really worried I got screwed big time....now little kitty is good to go...only time I could work it was 60dg tops...it was 90dg Friday. ...it touched 200dg but I was in a hole ...constant pushing.....very good advice here....