Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New 12m3

20/80 ยท 2018-12-20 16:01

Went to a familiarizing on a new 12m3 today in one of our sister shops, wanted to see the new tech that was available on the new stuff, one thing that Cat is saying now is to grease the circle and gear, we were told before not to grease or at least dry graphite spray if anything, articulation with the steering option both forward and reverse is nice, lots of emissions junk on this machine to meet the tier 4 emissions set out, different gauge and code screen than i'm use to, had a conversation with the Cat salesman and his tech Mech, he said that it was the first he has heard of any injector problems with the m series grader's in his 20 year career and his tech Mech seconded it, ???***??? lol, anyway it was a good showing and I learned a few new things.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2018-12-21 03:44

    They can say what they like about grease on the circle, I'd prefer dry lubricant any day of the week.

  2. #220/802018-12-21 05:54

    I agree, grease will load up with dirt and grind away at your circle gear, dry graphite spray does not load up but still lubricates, Cat salesman said grease with dirt and small stones mixed in is better than no grease at all, our new 12m3 machine comes with a 1 year warranty only, Cat offered us a new 140 with the levers but our sister shop stuck with the joysticks, I would of took the new 140 in a heartbeat, they are a really nice machine.

  3. #3Nige2018-12-21 07:44

    Was the salesman old enough to be out of short pants...?

  4. #4Vetech632018-12-21 07:55

    LMAO

  5. #520/802018-12-21 18:48

    No he wasn't, lol, he was very arrogant to say the least, he kind of reminded me of one of those Rapper kids with the pointy hat and underpants showing, lol, we just renewed a 5 year supply contract with Cat.

  6. #6cuttin edge2018-12-23 16:30

    Isn't Dexter's involved with Cat in Nova Scotia? New Brunswick Dot had those little 720 champions, then the 960 Volvos. Now I think Deere has got the contract.

  7. #720/802018-12-23 17:28

    I know Dexter's has a lot of Cat gear if not every piece of gear they have is Cat, not sure how involved they are with CAT but without Dexter's, Cat sale's in NS would be pretty slow not to mention servicing play's a big role for Cat in NS, so I imagine they have some influence on Cat in this province, I am not sure if all the graders of NS DOT is supplied by Cat for the next 5 years or just us in the Eastern sector.