Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New 2008 F350

haF.AST ยท 2007-10-13 18:03

:bouncegri Well here it is...my new baby 2008 F350 v10 4X4 8' wide 9' long Custom J&J aluminum box 15ton telescopic hoist So far it has been great.

Replies26
  1. #1Squizzy246B2007-10-13 18:24

    Now you need some ramps to go from your trailer into the dump so the mini can go on the back with the skid in the trailer:cool2

  2. #2greywynd2007-10-13 18:31

    Looks sharp Erik. I am curious, how do you find the turning radius on that truck, especially with the 4wd? I know my '89 F350 (regular cab, had 8' box) can turn circles around my '01 F250SD with extended cab and 8' box....(both 2wd by the way). I'm wondering if they have got the turning radius any tighter since '01. In another couple years I'd love to get something similar to yours, but figured I was stuck with regular cab to have the tighter turning and maneuverability.

  3. #3haF.AST2007-10-13 20:52

    I've thought about trying to get both "toys" into the bed... as far as the turning radius, It's better than my 2003 GMC 3500 reg cab with 8' bed. I ordered the extra heavy spring package, which upgrades to 450 springs and some steering parts that make the truck turn tighter.

  4. #4cat3202007-10-13 21:13

    nice dump bed . that must of cost as much as the truck. what made you dump the chevy that looked new?

  5. #5thejdman042007-10-13 21:28

    nice

  6. #6equipment fan2007-10-13 22:14

    so nice!

  7. #7haF.AST2007-10-14 09:13

    Too many transmission and front end problems on the GMC... having the tranny out 3 times and pretty much 2 complete front ends was too much work in 31,000 miles I.M.O. 3 sets of brakes and 4 sets of tires was a lot of wear too!:beatsme

  8. #8cat3202007-10-14 09:34

    wow that was alot of work on a truck with only 31K on it. You got a custom paint job too was that factory or after market? I like that J&J body that is a nice set up especially with those built in strobes. can you post some more pics of the body>

  9. #9haF.AST2007-10-14 09:48

    I'll work on some more body pics... the paint was ford factory...act of congress to pull that off!

  10. #10cat3202007-10-14 09:56

    good luck with her that is a nice set up J&J they make a nice body

  11. #11haF.AST2007-10-14 10:19

    more body pics here are a few detail shots

  12. #12digger242j2007-10-14 10:25

    Definitely a sweet looking truck. Caution: Thread hijack follows...

  13. #13cat3202007-10-14 10:45

    I like the way that is set up looks like central hydro too I see a white filter hanging down. Digger looks like part of an old shovel.

  14. #14digger242j2007-10-14 10:48

    I kinda figured that too. I was trying to get HaF Ast to tell us the story of how it came to be in the picture of his new truck.

  15. #15Squizzy246B2007-10-14 11:00

    Don't rush him Digger, he needs to get the story straight. We don't want him going off Haf.....

  16. #16haF.AST2007-10-14 13:57

    Ok you got me.... It is a 1930's AMSCO forge steam shovel bucket... approx 1.5 yards I found it at the local scrap yard and incorporated it into my landscaping I have a guy at AMSCO trying to find me some info on it. ...never mind the dozer track, cable hoe bucket, and rock crusher wheel.

  17. #17BrianHay2007-10-14 14:47

    WOW! I hope my setup looks at least half that good one day Eric. Checked out your website too. Great stuff....got any pictures of thoses shiney toys getting dirty?

  18. #18haF.AST2007-10-14 15:58

    I keep working on that. I always work alone and It's really tough to take pics and pull levers at the same time...

  19. #19Orchard Ex2007-10-14 19:18

    Very nice rig! Love the J&J body too! Hope it serves you well.:notworthy

  20. #20calhoonie2007-12-29 19:26

    Very nice truck!

  21. #21Countryboy2007-12-30 21:18

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums calhoonie! :drinkup

  22. #22thejdman042008-01-03 17:46

    nice but dont know about the v10

  23. #23calhoonie2008-01-03 20:01

    how is the new 6.4 powerstroke in the new 2008 superduty? does anyone have any experience with them?:beatsme thanks

  24. #24Eric2008-01-03 21:21

    Congrats on a great truck!! Why did you go the v-10 over the powerpooper? Anyway, that is a great truck, hats off to you.

  25. #25Dwan Hall2008-01-03 21:31

    looks like "lawn art"

  26. #26Dozerboy2008-01-04 19:49

    Other then bad fuel economy or that you have to take the cab off to work on the engine I haven't heard anything bad yet...